Mazda going all electric by 2030

:
2021 CX-9 Sig
:
2021 CX-5 GT

Mazda looks to be following the trend and will go electric by 2030. This may include those cars that are "hybrid" but will all have some sort of battery assist. They also look to be increasing the automated driving technology.

I do like this:

"We are continuously enhancing our internal combustion engines (SKYACTIV-X and new straight-six engines) and electrification technologies as part of the "SKYACTIV Multi-Solution Scalable Architecture", which is used in transverse power units in our Small Products and longitudinal power units in our Large Products. Based on this architecture, we will deliver multiple electrification solutions to meet various customers' needs, environmental regulations, and the specific electric power infrastructure of each market."

I would not doubt if the new inline 6 is a sky-active X but with a battery assist - like the current Sky-X engine.

You beat me to it.:)

• The "SKYACTIV Multi-Solution Scalable Architecture" products to be introduced mainly for the Japan, Europe, North America, China and ASEAN markets between 2022 and 2025 will consist of five hybrid models (1), five plug-in hybrid models and three EV models.

1. Excluding mild hybrid models, but including models equipped with Toyota Hybrid System (THS), supplied from Toyota

that’s a lot of new model for the next 4 years. And based on the foot note at least some of those will be using Toyota hybrid technolog, which isn’t bad news because it is a time tested and proven solution.

• The "SKYACTIV Multi-Solution Scalable Architecture" products to be introduced mainly for the Japan, Europe, North America, China and ASEAN markets between 2022 and 2025 will consist of five hybrid models (1), five plug-in hybrid models and three EV models.

1. Excluding mild hybrid models, but including models equipped with Toyota Hybrid System (THS), supplied from Toyota

that’s a lot of new model for the next 4 years. And based on the foot note at least some of those will be using Toyota hybrid technolog, which isn’t bad news because it is a time tested and proven solution.

So, is it safe to say the car going around that looks like the CX-50 might be a hybrid in some way? An inline 6 with battery assist?

Great share…Thanks for the heads up!

"SKYACTIV Multi-Solution Scalable Architecture"
I like the sound of that!

five hybrid models (1), five plug-in hybrid models and three EV models.
Anyone want to guess the model names / what gets what / future lineup? :LOL:

CX-30
CX-5
CX-50?
CX-60?
CX-9
CX-90?

Mazda3
Mazda6?

MX-5
MX-30 Full EV ver

What two other models could get a full EV version?

They were calling things Skyactive G so will we have Sky-active E?

And honestly, why I hope this is being done in a way that leverages the existing combustion engine. I would hate to see all that engineering and expense go to waste.

They were calling things Skyactive G so will we have Sky-active E?

And honestly, why I hope this is being done in a way that leverages the existing combustion engine. I would hate to see all that engineering and expense go to waste.
Agreed. Call me skeptical of electric still. Range needs to be improved and I still think about road trips or just driving to the middle of no where and electric cars make me weary of that adventurous side of driving.

Toyota hybrids use a CVT. It will be interesting to see if Mazda will use their own traditional transmission or not...I've had two Murano with CVT (2014 and 2017) and I must say I way prefer the transmission in my CX-5!

Back