2016~2023 Mazda CX-9 Android 10 HU Screen

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature, Machine Grey Metallic
Has anyone tried this out on their 2nd gen CX-9?

EBA33B1A-3A62-46C0-8BCD-F00928458A86.jpeg

Aside from the CX-9, I also have a 2013 BMW 528i (F10) that came with a 6.5” iDrive infotainment screen and had no CarPlay or AA capability. For the F10, it was a no-brainer to add on so that the vehicle would gain built-in GPS, along with Carplay and AA, as well as smart device functionality. I installed the 12.3” Android HU in the F10 and it definitely improved vehicle livability.

Since the CX-9 already has CarPlay and AA functionality, it’s not as imperative or, even needed. The Android HU will likely not improve the startup time of the pre-2021 CX-9 infotainment system, only really add the bigger display. I really wish there was a way to upgrade to the OEM 2021 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger screen would be nice. Allowing touch while driving would be nice (I don’t know if this one does that). YouTube/Netflix/Hulu and other video streaming would be a nice to have while stopped of course 😉. If it allowed for a second front facing camera to be added, then I would buy it even if it didn’t have all the other features.

Bigger screen would be nice. Allowing touch while driving would be nice (I don’t know if this one does that). YouTube/Netflix/Hulu and other video streaming would be a nice to have while stopped of course 😉. If it allowed for a second front facing camera to be added, then I would buy it even if it didn’t have all the other features.
Since this is likely a derivative of the Android 10 HU that I installed on the F10, I can confidently say that it is a touchscreen. Video streaming is easily added by installing apps. It has 4G support. I added a rear camera on the F10 that connects to the Android HU, and it also had support for a front camera, which I did not use.

Here is the install I did on the F10:
23B7F64C-01D5-4DCD-AC5F-B2DEECA04928.jpeg

9E1BB79C-851D-4ADF-BA8B-F04DB66E6DB7.jpeg

Since this is likely a derivative of the Android 10 HU that I installed on the F10, I can confidently say that it is a touchscreen. Video streaming is easily added by installing apps. It has 4G support. I added a rear camera on the F10 that connects to the Android HU, and it also had support for a front camera, which I did not use.

Here is the install I did on the F10:
View attachment 301219
View attachment 301220
That looks like a huge step up on the F10. Not as much of an increase for the CX-9. I’d be willing to gamble on it. We are in the process of moving right now though so it’ll be quite a while before I would be able to

That looks like a huge step up on the F10. Not as much of an increase for the CX-9. I’d be willing to gamble on it. We are in the process of moving right now though so it’ll be quite a while before I would be able to
Yeah, on the F10, adding it was a no-brainer but not as important on CX-9. Anyway, good luck on the move.

Back