Mazda Changing Warranty for MY '07

MASTERNC

:
04 Mazda 3i 5-speed (Strato Blue)
I just found this on Mazda USA's website. As of MY '07, the basic warranty goes from 4 yr/50,000 miles to 3 yr/36,000 miles. However, the powertrain will be covered for 5 yr/60,000 miles. In addition, there is no further mention of the roadside assistance and loaner coverage (they may still exist but may be discontinued).

Something to consider for those debating whether to wait for the new Mazda3.

Last edited:
wow, the one thing I hated about my MAzda's was a short warranty. I had a 3 yr on my MSP that runs out in July, then the extended one kicks in.

I like long warranties and 3 yrs is nothing. Not good.

would this have anything to do with the ford/mazda merger? ford parts dont last long ya know...well....i would know with my past ford experiences

MP3Architect said:
would this have anything to do with the ford/mazda merger? ford parts dont last long ya know...well....i would know with my past ford experiences

Toyota, Honda and Nissan all offer 36/36000 bumper to bumper warranties with a longer powertrain coverage. Not sure about Nissan, but I'd say that Toyota and Honda are not exactly crappy cars quality-wise just because of the "short" warranty.

I believe Mazda was trying to create a differentiator to entice more buyers. Considering how Mazda3 is selling, I guess their marketing decided one more year of warranty wasn't worth the aggravation...........

MP3Architect said:

Huh? Ford has owned a controlling interest in Mazda for quite a while now. This "merger" is largerly why Mazda still exists.

Back