Mazda Canada OWNERS- Looking to buy a GS AWD with Comfort package

Hello,

I think the CX_5 is the best SUV for me and looking for guidance from current owners. I am looking to purchase as soon as possible and hoping dealers and car manufacturers come out with BIG incentives once COVID is 'over' (like 0% or 0.99% financing!!)

I'm wondering if the deals will be better in May once manufacturers want to recapture sales. Manufacturers most likely have way more stimulating margins/powers than anybody else.

Here are some particularities of my situation:

- A sunroof is a must (comfort package is available on GS trim which ads this, heated steering)
- The car must be comfortable and fun to drive. I find it feels like a luxury SUV when I sit in it. no complaints with the base engine either compared to competition. The turbo would be nice but ...
- I want something that looks sporty (not boring like a CRV). I like black/grey rims that come standard on Mazda. I'm single. No family to haul. Just a jet-ski.
- I want to be able to tow at least 1,500 ibs

I was considering the Kia Seltos (it has the futuristic Range Rover look minus the price and crappy reliability) but it can't tow more than 200ibs... you read the right.. 200.

I'm a cheapskate so I am looking at the GS AWD (seems to be sweetspot without too much compromise). Based on my list this one meets my criteria.

Concerns with the CX-5

-
Infotainment is old and slow apparently and backup camera is old tech and low res.. how bad is it?? I bet in 2021 it will have the CX-30 system. How much better is it??

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.16.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.16.40 PM.png

Last edited:
Cx5 is awesome. Cx30 seems to be unable to tow. Seltos is probably more similar to cx30 than cx5.

What is the wheelbase of the Tiquan? I think it might be closer to cx9, but I'm not sure.

Concerns with the CX-5

-
Infotainment is old and slow apparently and backup camera is old tech and low res.. how bad is it?? I bet in 2021 it will have the CX-30 system. How much better is it??

From what I know and have seen in reviews of the CX-30 and 4th gen Mazda3 (they both have the same system), it's vastly improved from the prior system. Less laggy and quite intuitive. Then again, I don't have prior experience to tell with the older system.

However, I don't expect to see the new infotainment until they do a redesign on the CX-5. Maybe 2022 at the earliest?

Concerns with the CX-5

-

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Non issue, especially with Apple Carplay/Android Auto. You can switch between these systems and the standard infotainment by holding the home button. Backup camera resolution is not great - minor annoyance, more annoying is the lack of active guidelines. But not a dealbreaker. The CX has among the best reliability, interior, ride, and noise levels in the segment. And better styling, IMO, than the Rav or CR-V.

Back