I'm buying a CX-5

KenT120

2024 CX-5 SIG
Today my wife and I made our second trip to the our local Mazda dealer and did a good long test ride.
We even brought it home to check it's fit in our garage. I have checked out all the SUV's on my short list.
We finally agreed on the trade-in price and final price but we'll go back Monday to finalize the paperwork.
It is a 2024 CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue Mica. :giggle: (y) Wheeee !!!

Today my wife and I made our second trip to the our local Mazda dealer and did a good long test ride.
We even brought it home to check it's fit in our garage. I have checked out all the SUV's on my short list.
We finally agreed on the trade-in price and final price but we'll go back Monday to finalize the paperwork.
It is a 2024 CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue Mica. :giggle: (y) Wheeee !!!
Thats great, congratulations and good luck!
I just brough mine home too...Same color, love it in the sunlight. Rides like a dream. I have 3 Mazdas in my driveway. A Miata Special Edition, M6 touring and now the CX-5. I love all of them!

I just brough mine home too...Same color, love it in the sunlight. Rides like a dream. I have 3 Mazdas in my driveway. A Miata Special Edition, M6 touring and now the CX-5. I love all of them!
Congratulations to you as well, the blue is stunning in sunlight, very sparkling metalic.
Many good trouble free miles to ya

Best color, for sure. At least in my spouse's opinion. I still like Soul Red a bit more, but guess which color we bought... yep. Enjoy yer new ride!!!

PS to FTagg4,
Have you tried your NAV setting destinations yet? We have and haven’t had any success. See my “Struggling with NAV” - I’m looking for help on that thread.

KenT120,
I found it easier to use voice entry for address.

Congrats on your new ride.

FOUR Mazdas in my house. :cool:

PS to FTagg4,
Have you tried your NAV setting destinations yet? We have and haven’t had any success. See my “Struggling with NAV” - I’m looking for help on that thread.
First question is do you have the optional NAV chip? That could be your problem. If not, its $400 from the dealer. I bought an OEM chip on Ebay for a fraction of that for my M6 in 2019

First question is do you have the optional NAV chip? That could be your problem. If not, its $400 from the dealer. I bought an OEM chip on Ebay for a fraction of that for my M6 in 2019
Yes, I did have the Mazda NAV chip installed by the dealer.

UPDATE: We returned the brand new CX-5 with 203 miles on it to the Mazda dealer last Monday.
I now have my 2017 Sportage SX back. I can’t believe how happy I am to be back in my “old”, 91,000 mile vehicle.
The SX has more features, some simpler controls, a panoramic glass roof, and the NAV is very simple to program. The next vehicles I look at will first off meet or exceed my “SX ‘s” attributes.

Following are the reasons I gave to the Mazda dealer for wanting to returning the CX:
The CX-5 Signature has caused us too much disappointment and frustration. It has not been enjoyable.
The NAV system is almost impossible to program. We spent a couple of hours with the the Mazda staff trying to program the NAV efficiently without resolving the issues.
We spent many hours at home reading articles on-line, watching videos, attempting solutions with little success. We couldn’t put in more than 3 favorites… if we put in the 4th it kicked out a previous favorite.
Another needless frustration was that the brakes pulsated when de-accelerating for exits on the highway.

We finally gave up.

Yes, I did have the Mazda NAV chip installed by the dealer.

UPDATE: We returned the brand new CX-5 with 203 miles on it to the Mazda dealer last Monday.
I now have my 2017 Sportage SX back. I can’t believe how happy I am to be back in my “old”, 91,000 mile vehicle.
The SX has more features, some simpler controls, a panoramic glass roof, and the NAV is very simple to program. The next vehicles I look at will first off meet or exceed my “SX ‘s” attributes.

Following are the reasons I gave to the Mazda dealer for wanting to returning the CX:
The CX-5 Signature has caused us too much disappointment and frustration. It has not been enjoyable.
The NAV system is almost impossible to program. We spent a couple of hours with the the Mazda staff trying to program the NAV efficiently without resolving the issues.
We spent many hours at home reading articles on-line, watching videos, attempting solutions with little success. We couldn’t put in more than 3 favorites… if we put in the 4th it kicked out a previous favorite.
Another needless frustration was that the brakes pulsated when de-accelerating for exits on the highway.

We finally gave up.
I had a 2019 CX-5 Signature before my current turn and the navigation system was one of my reasons for downgrading to my current Turbo, which has all the features I want and none that I don't now.

Pulsating brakes definitely doesn't sound like normal CX-5 braking feel and I've had three different trims to know. However, I will say I had to adjust to my first CX-5's softer brake pedal actuation after driving a 2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid for a few years. Was you CX-5 brakes just different than your Sportage or something felt wrong with the CX-5?

I had a 2019 CX-5 Signature before my current turn and the navigation system was one of my reasons for downgrading to my current Turbo, which has all the features I want and none that I don't now.

Pulsating brakes definitely doesn't sound like normal CX-5 braking feel and I've had three different trims to know. However, I will say I had to adjust to my first CX-5's softer brake pedal actuation after driving a 2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid for a few years. Was you CX-5 brakes just different than your Sportage or something felt wrong with the CX-5?
Something was definitely wrong, the pulsing usually is a sign of warped rotors, even .005” runout can be felt. This CX-5 may have been on their lot for awhile. That issue could have been fixed for sure, but not something I would expect or accept on a new vehicle .

I agree, the NAV is awful to use and not intuitive at all. Having to enter an exact address makes no sense. I use Google maps thru car play instead.
I would be upset If I paid $400 for that chip

Back