Mazda 3 stancing help

stanceme3

:
2008 Mazda 3
Well, I'm seeking opinion regarding plans for my Mazda. I've got a 2008 Mazda 3 sedan and I'm going to slam it, or want to anyways. My plans are as follows:

Wheels: 18's - Undecided
Tires: Bridgestone low profiles - undecided
Suspension: BC Racing Coilovers
Side skirts: finding oem sport mazda skirts

So the plan is to drop the car 2.5" - 3"... and so far I haven't seen any clean Mazda 3's done right and I plan to be the first.

What is everyone's thoughts on my idea? Here are some wheels I am looking at

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...do?bp=5-114.3&pc=64603&counter=4&wd=18&rw=8.5
30mm offset

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...do?bp=5-114.3&pc=49442&counter=6&wd=18&rw=9.5
20mm offset

Please keep all comments constructive. I don't really care what you have to say regarding my wheel choice.

Colin

I might be wrong, but even with a roll/stretch, and crazy negative camber you are gonna rub. I realize you didn't want wheel comments but, I like your choices, you just need to back off on the offset.

I might be wrong, but even with a roll/stretch, and crazy negative camber you are gonna rub. I realize you didn't want wheel comments but, I like your choices, you just need to back off on the offset.

lol

There is a red sedan with those privat wheels. Except they are 18x8.5 +40

For the 8.5 you will atleast need the natural camber of lowering to fit them with a mix of stretched tires and rolled/slightly pulled fenders.

The TSW wheel will be harder to "fit" you will need camber arms for it to fit correctly.

compress.jpg

mz3hawt.jpg

No no, I do see what you're saying regarding the wheels. I picked the two I could find that were at a decent price, had a nice lip, and good offset. I'm new to the game so a friend recommended low offset would make me more flush, which is why I aimed for the 30mm offset. Thank you for letting me know that the 30mm offset may have problems fitting.

lol

There is a red sedan with those privat wheels. Except they are 18x8.5 +40

For the 8.5 you will atleast need the natural camber of lowering to fit them with a mix of stretched tires and rolled/slightly pulled fenders.

The TSW wheel will be harder to "fit" you will need camber arms for it to fit correctly.

compress.jpg

mz3hawt.jpg

Thanks for the solid reference photos, i've been looking for ones like these all week.

New contenders for wheels: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.3&pc=64754&counter=1&wd=17&rw=9

I found a guy that kinda lead me in the direction of using 17x9 @ 35mm offset. He used Work branded wheels but I found out these look quite nice too. I do like the privat's, which I can get in a 45mm offset. Looks like a solid look on the red, I wonder his suspension setup weather he is using coilovers or just lowering springs.

Colin

In those pictures he's on springs.

17x9 +35 will rub unless you pull/roll your fenders and have camber

if you go on m3f(mazda 3 forums) theres a aggressive fitment thread with tons of information that could help you make the right choice.

I've seen 18x8.5 +38 pulled off nicely with a roll and pull in the back, 3's typically cant accept lower offsets with wide wheels unless you want to do some serious work

17x9 +42-45 works pretty well too

If you haven't seen any clean mazda3s done right you haven't looked very hard. ;) There are quite a few of them around.

As far as wheels go these guys are spot on. Those 9.5 +20 wheels would be pretty damn aggressive on your 3 but you could make them fit with a lot of work. Here are 18x9.5 +13s with 215/35/18 tires stretched on a speed3 which has 10mm wider front fenders than the rest of us from the factory. Not to mention he is practically laying frame.

5383262478_13e84d76dc_b.jpg

And for reference my 19x8.5 +42 wheels sit like this with 235/35/19 tires on them. This is not functional because I need to roll my fenders and get some negative camber in the rear. Also need some 225 tires in front to aid with clearance at my ride height. They're not stretched tires or crazy camber but that's not my style. I want a clean stance.

012-6.jpg

Your setup looks a ton better than the Hella Flush set up on that MS3, they just have too much stretch for my liking.

Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't mind some 18x8.5 +38s or +40s but those are as low as my offsets will go.

The ms3 is running a lot of camber to fit those wheels too. He mentioned getting custom camber arms but I don't know where he has his camber set at.

yo chef so what do you plan on doing tire wise, i just got 18x8.5 +42 and im still on edge about what tires im going to get, I'm pretty sold on 225/40 but i'd like to run a 235

I am going to force the 235s to fit in the rear and swap to 225s in the front. The rear tires are practically brand new so there is no sense in buying 4 tires right away if I can make them work. You should be fine with a 235 and a good flat fender roll. However, if you want a slightly stretched look 225/40/18s would be pretty sexy on 8.5s. That's not even really a stretch according to most tire manufacturers but it isn't square with the wheel like a 235 will be. How low are you planning on going?

im not looking to go super low, although i can. I live in philly and prefer to be a little higher off the ground lol. I would love to have 235's but i feel like theyre not going to fit up front very well. I do have bc's so i can camber them up front. I guess I'll just have to find out haha

225/40/18 would probably be your best bet. You wouldn't have to run much camber to fit them, if any. You will most likely need a fender roll though.

I feel you on the philly vs. lowness argument. I wouldn't even drive my car down there at my ride height. Too many unnecessary potholes and such to dodge. My brother lives near Temple and his 5/3 dropped s10 bottoms out all the time. His frame rails are probably about as low as my front bumper.

theyre already rolled so I shouldnt have any issues but ill probably go with the 225/40 just for the ease lol, i hate chewing up tires. Probably go with the hankook evo 12 or some advans, with the price and reviews of the evos though i feel like i have to give them a shot. I wont be driving much over the summer either bc ill be in Rome so I'm not worried about treadwear/camber wear too much. You get used to it with these car and going lower, especially in the rear.

I loved my evos when I had them. Definitely go with them.

Back