Mazda 3 Manual

Mardorf

I am looking at tweeking up my MZ3 a little. I would like to add the LED lights on the wiper nozzle and change out the shifter. Is their a manual that shows you how the components are put together and how to take them off?

A word of advice from a member on this forum, windshield washers are absolutely hated on any car. Now if thats what you want to do, then go ahead, but beware that you will get flack for it like the post above showed.

Im not sure about a short shifter.

Try protegegarage.com . They have a good assortment of a lot of things.

Washer lights are tacky. I think putting any form of neon light on such a sexy car like the 3 is totally throwing all of its dynamics off. Save your money and do engine mods when they come out. A faster car always gets more respect than a riced out jap toy.

vividmaz3 said:
(jerkit) How old are you by the way? That just offended like half the 3 owner community bro.
Then I feel bad for half of the 3 community. I'm 21. Grew out of the whole "hey look at my car" thing like 2 years ago. Im not trying to be a dick by any means though. Just my 2 cents.

RenzoMSP said:
Please no LED nozzle lights.
true (hump) don't make urself like those civic ricers :( (argh)

but if u really want to do it.. to remove the nozzle here is how u do it I drives MSP dunno if it is the same for you.
1. Rmove the bonnet insulator
2. Disconnect the windshield washer hose to the windshield washer nozzle
3. Remove the windshield washer nozzle using a 10mm deep socket wrench from underneath

Last edited:
Fai said:
true (hump) don't make urself like those civic ricers :( (argh)

but if u really want to do it.. to remove the nozzle here is how u do it I drives MSP dunno if it is the same for you.
1. Rmove the bonnet insulator
2. Disconnect the windshield washer hose to the windshield washer nozzle
3. Remove the windshield washer nozzle using a 10mm deep socket wrench from underneath
Fai - (fi-ye) adj/noun : A form of contradiction used mostly when giving advice to others.

My final word is. A car is a mans second love. It should be a representation of you. Your car says alot about you. If you like the lights. DO em. If you want 20's with a kit, do em. Just keep it clean. Keep the colors coordinated, and dont try to race me. I love everyone. :)

alexlitov said:
You cutting your springs offended the other half of the 3 owner community...
lol! I gaurentee I could break this community into 3 parts. 1)Ricers. 2)Stockers. 3) True modders.

Everyone does there own thing with their car, and thats the way it should be. Just dont rig anything. Cheap mods break.

My final word is. A car is a mans second love. It should be a representation of you. Your car says alot about you. If you like the lights. DO em. If you want 20's with a kit, do em. Just keep it clean. Keep the colors coordinated, and dont try to race me. I love everyone. :)

totally agreed. dont let anyone else tell you not to put them on there if you like them. but anyways, i know ptuning has a short shifter. its the TWM. i dont think there are any others out yet http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-result.cfm?cmbPriceRange=&cmbCategory=transm&cmbSubCategory=shorts&cmbMakeModel=3&cmbBrand=twm&cmbYear=2004

Sheesh... I didn't realize a simple question can bring out the ugly in people. Wow... some of us have issues I see. I was thinking about doing a lot of things to my car but didn't know for sure what tweeks and such. I do research to make sure how things look and how well it will add to the value of the car while still keeping the elegant look. Besides, it is my car and I am making the payments on it.

I never really understood the whole flaming thing. When someone ask a question, it is because they don't know the answer and are looking for advice, not to be put down or ridiculed. The old saying "Never a dumb question" ring a bell?

I do want to thank those who actually answered my question which was the whole goal of my posting.

No one really flamed you here, man. They just said it doesnt look good. Flaming would be: "D00d omg u sack of s*** u ****** homo ffuck u ricer ur mom and a crossbow sucks a dick with LED lights OMG DIE!"

There is no dumb questions

Mardorf said:
Sheesh... I didn't realize a simple question can bring out the ugly in people. Wow... some of us have issues I see. I was thinking about doing a lot of things to my car but didn't know for sure what tweeks and such. I do research to make sure how things look and how well it will add to the value of the car while still keeping the elegant look. Besides, it is my car and I am making the payments on it.

I never really understood the whole flaming thing. When someone ask a question, it is because they don't know the answer and are looking for advice, not to be put down or ridiculed. The old saying "Never a dumb question" ring a bell?

I do want to thank those who actually answered my question which was the whole goal of my posting.

You're right, there are no dumb questions, just ignorant and arogant answers. Please don't let the opinion of a few get to you. You do what you want to your wheels and screw everyone else. After all it's YOUR car not theirs. You keep askin' cause we're still listenin'
Tim

To answer the other part of your original question:
No, there are no manuals available yet. They haven't even been published. My dealer doesn't even have one!

sam1- good lookin' out on the TWM. I didn't know anybody had one yet! I'm wary of ptuning, though. Some people on this board have gotten the total runaround from them.

Were you asking about a different shift lever itself, or a STS like others have chimed in about?

If the former, I would think the thread dimensions would be the same as the Miata, which opens up your choices quite a bit...and you wouldn't need a manual for that.

No tips on the LEDs. Find it amusing on some of the responses when the poster asked for methodology and not opinions.

Back