Mazda 2 vs Suzuki Swift vs Mini Cooper vs Ford Fiesta

Mr M

:
Mazda 2 1.5 Individual (Sport) - 17inch Black wheels
Hi Guys and Girls, I know we are Mazda fans, but if money was no option, which of these 4 cars would you buy ?
New Mazda 2 * Suzuki Swift * Mini Cooper * New Ford Fiesta (uhm)

I would stick to my Mazda 2 (rockon)

Mazda2 1.5 (I don't like Fiestas design, Swift is smaller and Mini is everywhere around me :D and poor quality)

If you had to pick on of the 4 (uhm)

Well to be honest, I am not totally satisfied by my Mazda choice. Eventhough i find its design beautiful, I am satisfied by its engine, I hate its stiff suspension that makes me sick in the Greek bumpy roads. So If i was to buy another one, I think I would choose the Mini (good looking, more comfy and also better interior quality/design).

However this is just my opinion, no need to spark to our beautiful internet conversations!

The Suzuki is ugly. The Mini has horrendus maintainance costs, reliability issues, and its ugly. So that leaves the Ford vs the Mazda. Not to hard to choose the Mazda 2 out of that group.

Well to be honest, I am not totally satisfied by my Mazda choice. Eventhough i find its design beautiful, I am satisfied by its engine, I hate its stiff suspension that makes me sick in the Greek bumpy roads. So If i was to buy another one, I think I would choose the Mini (good looking, more comfy and also better interior quality/design).

However this is just my opinion, no need to spark to our beautiful internet conversations!

My Mazda2's suspension is also stiff but I can tell you it is better than the 2006 Fiesta I owned and the Fiesta was not even a Sport.

But thanks for your input(thumb)

Mazda for life! But if money was no issue a GT2871R forced 2L Mazda 2 hands down. Nothing says street sleeper than a car lookin (I hate this word)cute and friendly weighing under a ton with 300+hp of furry. Great now I need to clean my pants. Thanks alot guys.

I was thinking the new Fiesta is a Mazda 2, am I worng there? The Fiesta was in X-games this year, it did great. I was thinking that might be a Mazdaspeed 2.

I think the 2 and the Fiesta are based on the same "platform" (still not really sure what that entails) but they have different engines. The Fiesta has a 5 speed manual or 6 speed automatic while the 2 is a 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto. What are your guys' thoughts on the difference between the two?

The Fiesta and the Mazda 2 are REALLY close underneath the chassis.

I spent about 1/2 hour on each looking up their skirts so to speak at the suspension, exhaust, etc.

The Mazda 2 looked better assembled if overall. The exhaust components looked better on the 2 as well.

If I was going straight styling I would take the 2.

The Fiesta used at the X gamess was built by M Sport for racing. I doubt there is much left of the car that is stock anymore.

-Derrick

The Fiesta and the Mazda 2 are REALLY close underneath the chassis.

I spent about 1/2 hour on each looking up their skirts so to speak at the suspension, exhaust, etc.

The Mazda 2 looked better assembled if overall. The exhaust components looked better on the 2 as well.

If I was going straight styling I would take the 2.

The Fiesta used at the X gamess was built by M Sport for racing. I doubt there is much left of the car that is stock anymore.

-Derrick

That is an opinion I really value, thanks Derrick. What do you think about the 6-speed automatic transmission on the Fiesta compared to the 4 speed auto on the 2? Great step forward or flaky and gimmicky?

I haven't looked at the 6 speed auto transmission they are offering yet. If it is like past ford offerings it will be based on an existing transmission and they will set it up to be a 6 speed model. That is how the explorers cam up with 5 speeds. They were a modded version of the 4 speed they used in older models and they put a fancy name on them. If I remember correctly they would engage two gears or partial engage one, it was kind of a weird setup.

-Derrick

Hi Guys and Girls, I know we are Mazda fans, but if money was no option, which of these 4 cars would you buy ?
New Mazda 2 * Suzuki Swift * Mini Cooper * New Ford Fiesta (uhm)

I would stick to my Mazda 2 (rockon)

mini especialy the four door

The Fiesta 6-speed is a true 6-speed transmission.

The Mazda2 four-speed has decent enough ratios for the vehicle's size and power... much better, certainly, than the old 4-speed AT in the Mazda3.

Sure about the Explorers? I've never seen or even heard of an automatic transmission that engages two different gears at once in steady state running.

Back