Man I hate driving my CX-5

I think youre all being a bit dramatic about the performance of the N/A 2.5.

I still enjoy driving our 16.5 GT. Around town, its just fine. On the highway is where it could definitely use more power.

The turbo 2.5 is definitely great. As long as its not below 20 degrees F out....

I've been plenty frustrated at times over the years with my CX-5. Just a couple weeks ago I went out in a Tiguan that is rated about the same HP as my CX-5, but that 2.0 turbo in the Tiguan is quick from 0 to 30 and consistent. I can't wait to try out a CX-5T someday. I imagine the CX-5T will be even better than the Tiguan.

My friend that had the Tiguan as a loaner did say that beyond 30 the Tiguan is very lacking in performance. He was glad to get his modded GTI back.

Anyway at this time the CX-5T still has me considering sticking with Mazda one more time. Unless my wife relents and allows me to step up a class. Or I might step down in size to the GTI. I certainly want something more performance oriented next time.

+1 on the turbo. I'm a long time former VW owner. Pre test drive I assumed I'd just get the Tiguan. My dealer sells VW & Mazda. I drove the Tiguan back to back with the GTR & went with the GTR. No regrets.

Would never even considered the CX-5 unless it had the turbo. Without the turbo, it doesn't have enough power.

I would never say the 2.5 N/A lacked power. (at least at sea level) I found it adequate but it simply had to work harder.

The 2.5T transforms the car by giving it a big boost of torque right off of idle for any driving situation. (ex: quick passing on a steep grade)

I must have missed something. Turbos perform BETTER in the cold. Does the Mazda not?!?

A few people have complained of performance degradation in cold temps. Ours does not have the issue, so it must be a fluke with some builds.

It does not. No boost below 20*F I don't believe. Yes, very odd. My 0-60 was about 10.5 seconds on clean ,dry pavement with no spin, in 15*F-ish weather.

Again, not all of us experience this. We've driven ours in below 0 temps and it still performs as expected.

A few people have complained of performance degradation in cold temps. Ours does not have the issue, so it must be a fluke with some builds.

Or you just don't notice it, which is what I'm betting. Get out your stopwatch and you'll be shocked. Go ahead and try it and see what's up.

Again, not all of us experience this. We've driven ours in below 0 temps and it still performs as expected.

So you say...show us a video. It's actually harder to seat-of-the-pants than you think.

Literally everyone who has actually done this, reports the same. I do not trust human perception for beans.

Or you just don't notice it, which is what I'm betting. Get out your stopwatch and you'll be shocked. Go ahead and try it and see what's up.

Sure, I will in a month or so when it gets down there again. But, I'll guarantee it's not a 10 sec 0-60 vehicle in the cold. You should have yours checked.

+1 on the turbo. I'm a long time former VW owner. Pre test drive I assumed I'd just get the Tiguan. My dealer sells VW & Mazda. I drove the Tiguan back to back with the GTR & went with the GTR. No regrets.

Honestly the VW could use a bit more power also. I feel like the R-Line should come with the non b-cycle 2.0T like they use in many other vehicles. It has a few different variations in power but something closer to the 250 HP mark would make a world of difference IMO.

Back