Mac's Twin Turbo Cobra....information and build thread

Yahhh that's ridiculous...they're a lot of money...and if he's putting out over 800whp he def has a Big Kenne Bell or TT in that thing and that's a ton of money.

Mine's costing nowhere even NEAR as much as his did haha. Gotta love the terminators

Yup, but he wants to TT it too. Have you seen those kits yet? Put down something like 1200. Nuts

Yup, but he wants to TT it too. Have you seen those kits yet? Put down something like 1200. Nuts

Yahhh the hellraiser kit is badass...its a compound boost setup using the supercharger and twin turbos....but he would have to throw the stock supercharger back on...on pump gas he will be around 780...race gas he will be around 980....you will blow the stock engine if you were to get near 1200

Right now I'm in my last semester of college. I have 4 weeks left. I am a bartender actually. Reallllly good money out here....about 200 bucks a day at least. Also I'm almost finished with my helicopters pilots lisence and I'll be flying those for a living

Nice that should be fun.

Nice that should be fun.

Yahhh I'm excited!

Here's some actual camera pics I took today. K-member, coil-overs, and Caster/Camber platers are in, engines in, and got the turbo headers bolted up now too! Sorry I couldn't get more pics of the engine...it was up on the rack the whole time.

P1010689.jpg

P1010690.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010695.jpg

Last edited:
Haha thanks man...it doesn't look as amazing as you think! It's getting cleaned up though so I'm happy (thumb)

lol, everytime I need to adjust/repair something in my suspension, I usually dread it. I already know that I will have to deal with multiple seized/rusted bolts, etc...

lol, everytime I need to adjust/repair something in my suspension, I usually dread it. I already know that I will have to deal with multiple seized/rusted bolts, etc...

Hahah that's the worst man...the sooner u get to working on them, the easier they will be to get out!!

Not sure I follow your logic. At 8+ years old, through salt infested winters, I feel like it will be a PITA regardless, lol. I had to actually redrill my subframe to mount my rear sway-bar when I changed out my bushings last spring. Grade-8 drill bit broke off while drilling out the bolt... It was an epic fail. lol That was probably the worst I have come across on the protege's underbody thus far tho. Typically it's just a good upperbody workout. :D

I dont even know what to say... this is crazy!
Wonder what your going to do 6months after this is done.

Maybe you can pick up a new engine from Rolls Royce, a big ass spoiler and go for the sound barrier.

Not sure I follow your logic. At 8+ years old, through salt infested winters, I feel like it will be a PITA regardless, lol. I had to actually redrill my subframe to mount my rear sway-bar when I changed out my bushings last spring. Grade-8 drill bit broke off while drilling out the bolt... It was an epic fail. lol That was probably the worst I have come across on the protege's underbody thus far tho. Typically it's just a good upperbody workout. :D

Hahahhaa oh wow I didn't know it was that bad! Damn man that's insane!

I dont even know what to say... this is crazy!
Wonder what your going to do 6months after this is done.

Maybe you can pick up a new engine from Rolls Royce, a big ass spoiler and go for the sound barrier.

Hahahaha that would be a good time.

Nooo I'll probably buy a fully built auto to put in the car around that time. I'm putting in a roll cage and full length subframes next month as well...so the auto would make the car even more fun!

his weekend track car

breaking the sound barrier

Hahah holy s*** that thing is ridiculous!

best... thread.. ever..

Haha thanks man!

On that note.....UPDATE!!

Here's some more pics for you guys!! I took them today! Hot side is pretty much doneee!!

Couple pics of the fuel system...I'll have better pics of the fuel system soon when it's allll mounted up nice..for right now it's just in and we'll clean it up later! Gotta love the -8 cross braided fuel line allll the way through!!

Y-block coming from the fuel hat
P1010697.jpg

Fuel filter
P1010698.jpg

Fuel line crossover at the fuel rails...just a teaser pic until the top side gets finished :) (Don't mind the two microfiber towels, they are protecting parts of the powder-coating that could possibly get hit)
P1010704.jpg

Time for the hot side stuff:

Passenger side wastegate right off the headers....yes it will be left venting to atmosphere :)
P1010703.jpg

P1010699.jpg

Passenger side wastegate, up-pipe and turbo!
P1010700.jpg

A view from the front with the intercooler in there
P1010701.jpg

The intercooler with a nice little view of the cobra grille and emblem :)
P1010702.jpg

Driver-side wastegate and piping
P1010716.jpg

P1010715.jpg

Driver-side wastegate, up-pipe, and turbo (still needs to be clocked to mount up with the intercooler better!
P1010706.jpg

Close up of the driver-side turbo mounted
P1010705.jpg

A nice view from the back of the car looking towards the front at the tubular K-member and wastegates!
P1010717.jpg

And finally a nice pic of it from the front with the turbo's mounted and the intercooler :)
P1010714.jpg

The hot-side will be done on Monday and the cold-side/top-side will begin then!! Stay tuned!!

Back