Lowering suggestions and help

Tetsubo

Contributor
:
2013 MS3 w/ Tech
Well, I know I haven't posted in over a month now due to school...

Once again I'm thinking about lowering my Auto P5. I did install some 8mm wheel spacers all around and found that my rear passenger side fender kept rubbing the outer wall of my wheel when hitting minor bumps and such. I ended up taking them off due to wear on the one tire. Now I do have a pair of 12in subs in the back, could this be part of the problem or possibly just bad struts?

Back to the main topic.
Would like to find some minor used sets of struts and springs, due to a college salary of practically nothing.
1)What extra would I need besides springs and struts?
2)Anything extra I would need to do while installing them?

end links are usually a pain to take off and need to be cut off (even if you have no rust)
so new end links front and rear are an add on, also getting an alignments afterwards is a must
that should be all IIRC

as for the front end links, get them from a 2002 Ford Escape AWD V6 (Moog brand). they are slightly shorter and MUCH thicker and cheaper!

+1 on the moog end links, I run them and love them. Get rid of the wheel spacers. Rolling the fenders won't cut it with those. You'd have to change your camber and it'd just be more hassle than it's worth being a college student (ask me how I know lol).

Yeah, I read about the end links. I have some squeaking in the front when i go over speed bumps and such. Will those end links get rid of
the noise?

No camber s*** unless you are wanting to be slammed to the ground. These cars look real good with 1.5"-2" drop. Which can be achieved with a decent pair of struts and a few different lowering springs that are on the market. It may or may not be the end links, trying to diagnose creaks and squeaks on this car can take forever lol

bad endlinks will give more of a knocking sound when going over bumps. a squeak sound more like a bad strut.
check of any oil residue on the strut. (my strut was actually bent somehow)
im lowered 2 inches and you dont need any camber kits. even alignment is the same

Great I've had the car 2 years now with most likely bad struts. See the the tein have a 2 in drop. Would i have to roll my fenders?

if you are sticking with stock wheels and tires you dont actually have to roll them, but you will be cutting it close in the rear.
personally i would roll them so you have the option of using spacers or getting different offset wheels in the future

You can roll to help with clearance. I think 8mm spacers are too much but if you like the look go for it. If you buy tein, buy from a tein authorized vendor. There are ALOT of tein knockoffs out there. Priced slightly cheaper, but borderline worthless in quality terms

I'm running the stock tire size with some aftermarket rims from discount tire. Thinking I just may, keeping an eye out for a friends RX8 rims.

Latest posts

Back