Love the Reserve except the crappy....

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Navigation system. Man that thing sucks. Voice recognition doesn't recognize any commands. Won't accept any addresses by voice. Have to key everything in with an antiquated interface.
Feel like I've been teleported to the 90's. Not intuitive at all. Manual sucks. I could go on and on.

Other than Nav love everything else. They've even lowered the chrome air vents so they don't reflect in the side view mirrors.

Besides all the stuff you mentioned, the route selection is horrible. And when you ignore the direction/prompts, it indignantly keeps trying to force you back to its original plan instead of taking the hint and finding another route.

Very odd. Mine works perfectly. I tell it what I'm looking for, it finds it, I press the button and it shows me the route.

I*ve never met a factory navy system that didn*t suck. Why not use ACP or AA?

We don't use Nav much so I figured we could just use the Nav provided. Plus my wife will be using it and she's tech adverse.
She just wants me to plug all the destinations in ahead of time and all she's has to do is hit start. We'll see how well that works out.

mazda been using this Nav/infotainment system since 2014. Its definitely long in the tooth.

Ever drive across the USA and try to get a wireless signal in fly-over country? That's why I tried the built-in NAV.

With Google Maps you can download the roads, etc. for the area you are traveling to/through. Waze doesnt offer this functionality.

Ever drive across the USA and try to get a wireless signal in fly-over country? That's why I tried the built-in NAV.

I agree that the nav sucks, but for what its worth there are offline nav apps that work with CarPlay (and I assume android auto) like Tom Tom.

I wouldnt buy one, but I think I saw that the newly redesigned 2020 Ford Escape has waze built in. Pretty cool.

With Google Maps you can download the roads, etc. for the area you are traveling to/through. Waze doesn*t offer this functionality.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Google Maps and/or Waze. But you never know when you're going to hit a dead zone. T-Mobile has lots.

Besides all the stuff you mentioned, the route selection is horrible. And when you ignore the direction/prompts, it indignantly keeps trying to force you back to its original plan instead of taking the hint and finding another route.

I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing, but when I deviate from the prescribed directions, it immediately says "Recalculating Route," and it does.

I don't use this feature a lot, but I can think of 3 times when I changed course and it redid the route.

Could be our respective locations.

Navigation system. Man that thing sucks. Voice recognition doesn't recognize any commands. Won't accept any addresses by voice. Have to key everything in with an antiquated interface.
Feel like I've been teleported to the 90's. Not intuitive at all. Manual sucks. I could go on and on.

Other than Nav love everything else. They've even lowered the chrome air vents so they don't reflect in the side view mirrors.

It's very important to use the exact trigger words and the exact format it's looking for for the address, or it won't accept your input. Try pressing the voice command button and following one of the sample prompts.

Mazda's works pretty well when you follow the prompts. Try using Lexus' built in voice commands prompts for Nav and it will work maybe 1 time out of 20.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Google Maps and/or Waze. But you never know when you're going to hit a dead zone. T-Mobile has lots.

If you download all areas you travel to/through before leaving home, the data are stored on your phone and youre unaffected by dead zones, regardless of carrier. (Use *Offline Maps* on the menu.) I have T-mobile and have had no problems in the deep boondocks of Wyoming.

I usually set my destination in Waze each morning and it works unless I wander 10-20 miles off route. In those cases, I fire up google maps and Im good.

It's very important to use the exact trigger words and the exact format it's looking for for the address, or it won't accept your input. Try pressing the voice command button and following one of the sample prompts.

Mazda's works pretty well when you follow the prompts. Try using Lexus' built in voice commands prompts for Nav and it will work maybe 1 time out of 20.

I'm kinda confused, I was trying to speak the entire address at one time. Are you saying you go through each prompt like you were typing it in except in this case you speak it.
You speak the state, then scroll down and then speak city, scroll again and speak street #. Maybe that's where I was messing up. I'l have to try the voice recog. again.

You're welcome! I'm still figuring out all the features less than a month in.

You don't have to wait for a command once it gets the address right, you can just press on the center stack button to confirm the address.

Back