Lost all my pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

Contributor
Patron
I've been hosting all my car pics here for over a decade. Now that the forum has changed from vbulletin, are all my pics gone? With no warning? I cant for the life of me find them in my settings or profile page.
If so, that really sucks.

Post attachments should still exist but the attachment manager, file hosting and album feature did not make the move. We did have an announcement up for a while explaining what will and will not make the move to XenForo including a notice to back up files hosted on the site because they would not be carried over.

We wanted to find a way to move everything over but it just wasn't going to work. We had worked on the move for over two years and unfortunately a practical solution could not be found for keeping everything from the old site and merging it into the new one.

Damn, I guess missed the announcement and lost over a decade worth of pics. Pics of my P5, my MSP, both FCs, the FD, the Miata and my kid growing up too.
Some how-to threads that included pics are gone/worthless now too, I imagine.

That was one reason I kept donating money. Because I was grateful for the hosting. When photobucket took a s***, I moved most of the pics here since my car pics had been here for so long with no issues
Stupid move.

You don't have copies anywhere else? Maybe somewhere you forgot about? Other sites and or usb sticks, sd cards, internal camera memory..?

Please note the file hosting was a custom feature I believe and only offered limited capacity (especially by today's standards). It was not meant to be a backup solution. As I mentioned before, attached images should still remain in posts. So old threads with attached pics should still be displaying those pics.

Our file / image hosting solution now is an official solution (not custom) and it should provide us with a better chance of being able to move files / images if we move in the future. That said, it's unlikely we will move from the current platform (it's really good and well supported), at least not for a really long time (unless we need to).

I may have some good news though although I don't have confirmation it's possible yet...We might be able to retrieve the old hosted files. I will continue to look into this and post updates here...Can't make any promises but it may be possible.

@Natey Still interested in your old hosted files? It appears there's a good chance we can extract them but only for a limited time, in any case, let me know, thanks!

Dude, if you get those files back I'll be donating another 50 bucks with a quickness.

Thanks for even thinking about it Antoine. Much appreciated! 🙏

Dude, if you get those files back I'll be donating another 50 bucks with a quickness.

Thanks for even thinking about it Antoine. Much appreciated! 🙏
Thanks for the quick response and offer, I really appreciate it but no need...Just trying to help out here...:) I'll be in touch via this thread or PM, hopefully we can make this happen!

As mentioned this offer was for a limited time and that time is up (a site-wide notice was posted offering recovery). Natey has received his old files. The old site data (including these files) will be deleted in order to reduce our backup costs.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back