Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Reveal starting shortly https://www.mazdausa.com/new-era
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.ustream.tv/embed/18821622?html5ui" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen frameborder="0" style="border: 0 none transparent;"></iframe>

And they are late. If you are going to do a streaming reveal, you need to start on time. Otherwise, people will click and leave...

They should have used youtube. that ustream is garbage, skipping.

They should have used youtube. that ustream is garbage, skipping.

Resolution is s***, but I have zero issues with the stream.

*Derp. I had to switch to 1080 in the drop- down. No issues here.

**WTF!? Who detailed those cars? That windshield on the grey one! ROFL!

***We get it...light and shadow, use of negative space for optical properties, blah blah...but do it has AWD and 200+hp and many mpg!? Can we get a stickshift?

****AWD Badge Spotted!!!! That hatch looks pretty darn swift!

Last edited:
Wait...what? This was all about paint and body panels and "has X and AWD"? Say what you want about GM, but they know how to unveil a performance (what Mazda brands the Hatch as) vehicle. Real 0-60 times by a real driver. Talk of clutch and synchro engagement/feel, etc. etc.

I want data. I can look at the car for myself and see if it appeals to me visually.

Typical Mazda snoozefest..I mean htf do they barely even mention the powertrain..huh? Way overproduced and underinformative..

Wait...what? This was all about paint and body panels and "has X and AWD"? Say what you want about GM, but they know how to unveil a performance (what Mazda brands the Hatch as) vehicle. Real 0-60 times by a real driver. Talk of clutch and synchro engagement/feel, etc. etc.

I want data. I can look at the car for myself and see if it appeals to me visually.

That type of conversations usually comes from this one guy who works for Mazda. I cannot remover his name right now, but he talk about the nuts and bolts in multiple videos. He's an American white guy, I couldn't find any of his videos on a quick search through the Mazda Usa page on youtube.

Last edited:
Typical Mazda snoozefest..I mean htf do they barely even mention the powertrain..huh? Way overproduced and underinformative..

From the sounds of it, they are doing that tomorrow at the press conference.

Looks like sky-x ain't happening until 'late 2019', maybe why they didn't talk much of it.. smart money: 2000-never(2thumbs)

I actually think the sedan looks a bit better- definitely most improved of the 2.

Nice!!! So i can get awd, manual, 2.5SA-G (proven tech). Thats damn tempting 2020ish calendar year (pick up used, no way id go new).

Yep, and you can tune it. Corksport is supposedly working in a turbo kit too.

What worries me is the promise of a diesel like engine by the end of 2019.... Mazda does not have a good track record of actually delivering promised engines...

Yeah, but if they stuffed a 2.5SA-G and AWD with a 6-speed manual in the thing...they also could stuff a 2.5SA-T in the thing...and that opens the door to MazdaSpeed product.

What worries me is the promise of a diesel like engine by the end of 2019.... Mazda does not have a good track record of actually delivering promised engines...

Based on what? The lack of a CX-5 diesel? Hear a lot of complaining about that on these forums, seemingly from a lack of recognition that changes in US regulations and the market damage caused by the VW scandal probably were the cause. Not really a broken promise if the rug got pulled out from under Mazda by outside factors.

Based on what? The lack of a CX-5 diesel? Hear a lot of complaining about that on these forums, seemingly from a lack of recognition that changes in US regulations and the market damage caused by the VW scandal probably were the cause. Not really a broken promise if the rug got pulled out from under Mazda by outside factors.

No, the fact that it was promised and never un-promised. All they had to say was that because of regulations, it is no longer a feasible option for them. It is still on their fricken web-site as a car that is coming. I will believe in the Sky-X when it is on the ships.

(rolleyes)

Back