Leaked 2016 CX-5.

And what about engine power outputs.

Both BMW and Volvo have now bettered torque output delivery for the diesel versions, and Ford along with Vag produce more power from a smaller engine.
Mazda need to tweak their engines and ditch Tom tom for the sat nav, the Mazda 3 sat nav still uses TT I believe.

Personally I don't like electronic handbrakes, much prefer the traditional mechanical one.

These are all of the changes I have expected after being introduced in the all new Mazda3 first.

Expect the same infotainment / nav as in the Mazda3, the same HVAC controls, and the centralized knob/joystick control system.

Electric E-Brake is a surprise to me however, but it keeps the inexperienced drivers from leaving it on and burning up the rear pads.

Does anyone know if the new headlights will fit on older models?

it looks very close to it from the pics...even the grill looks interchangeable. I certainly hope it does so a swap is possible on the front end of the older models to the 2016.

2015-mazda-cx-5-changes.jpg

Mazda-CX-5_5-650x507.jpg

I agree. No sign of sheet metal changes. I like the new grille but the fog light treatment seems a bit over the top. Thinking about upgrading our '15 with the new grille... perhaps painted semi-gloss black.

I agree. No sign of sheet metal changes. I like the new grille but the fog light treatment seems a bit over the top. Thinking about upgrading our '15 with the new grille... perhaps painted semi-gloss black.

yea...the fog lights look better on the 2013-15 IMO, projector is pretty small on the 2016, though it is a projector now (bowdown)

OK, electric parking brake but but ... but what about the infotainment unit?!

Infotainment control interface has the same lay out as the new Mazda3 and Miata which uses MazdaConnect. Looks like they're retaining dual cup holders by using a new armrest/console lid design. Disappointed in the electric parking brake :(

Last edited:
True, there is the extra volume knob. The question is - can the 7" display easily fit in the original spot?
It is interesting that the updated Mazda 6 is going to follow the Mazda 3 display placement while CX-5 interior photos present the original design.

70e5f8c681d596f31782c387abe41554.jpg

Hope this would help.

Just saw this from a Japanese Website. Looks like from the same brochure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually it's really nice. This type, it's much easier to see in sun light, than the one in the M3.

70e5f8c681d596f31782c387abe41554.jpg

Hope this would help.

Just saw this from a Japanese Website. Looks like from the same brochure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Center vents still don't have an open/close option? I was on a road trip with my husband a few weeks ago, and we kept fighting over who's arm/face the cold air would be blowing on. Is there a way to disable one or the other without switching modes?

So if you don't want it blowing on your arm/face, yet you already have another window near the window that is closed. What is the point of even leaving the mode where it would blow from those vents?

So if you don't want it blowing on your arm/face, yet you already have another window near the window that is closed. What is the point of even leaving the mode where it would blow from those vents?

When one person wants air and the other doesn't. I prefer to leave the air on while the wife doesn't. I'm my old car she would close both her vents while I left mine open.

As for the new head unit, it looks like it could fit into the current slot, the problem is the controller. In the Mazda 3 the screen is controlled by the controller, but is also a touch screen. Anyone know if you can use the touchscreen only to control all the functions?

Latest posts

Back