Knock sensor

What are the symptoms of your knock sensor going bad? My ZM engine knock sensor has the black sticky stuff coming out of it! I can't cross 120kMH & if i floor it ...well it just accelerates slowly.
Any one ever had to change their knock sensor? What were the symptoms? Does it give a CEL?

What are the symptoms of your knock sensor going bad? My ZM engine knock sensor has the black sticky stuff coming out of it! I can't cross 120kMH & if i floor it ...well it just accelerates slowly.
Any one ever had to change their knock sensor? What were the symptoms? Does it give a CEL?
I have to replace mine mine is Actually leaking Oil and also missing some of that Black Sticky stuff so if it goes bad you will loose lots of Horse power and you will get a Check Engine light on in your Car at that point the Vehicle is obviously un safe to drive. Its a pain in the Neck to get to i still have to replace mine and there not cheap either the Auto parts stores want $96.00 i bought mine online for half that and saved a ton! I paid $45.00 Beck Arnley is what i got im waiting for it to get here soon. Will see how that works

Back