"Key" Light no (not flashing)

I can't explain why a broken back sensor could prevent one from entering the doors also.
I guess you learn something new everyday....

And, you are right, the rear antenna is the only one exposed to weather elements.... good luck to us all.

I can't explain why a broken back sensor could prevent one from entering the doors also.
I guess you learn something new everyday....

And, you are right, the rear antenna is the only one exposed to weather elements.... good luck to us all.

Yes it was really weird. It also caused confusion with the remote. Sometimes I had to press the remote 5 times before the car would respond (even with new FOB battery). I also tried completely disconnecting the rear sensor because I had a suspicion it was faulty and the "key" light/error did not go away.

I think I got it now.
The sensors work together to determine your present location (near left, near right, or near hatch).
It is like triangulation. When one is down, your present location is undetermined.
The "light" just tells you that there is a system self-check error.

I, too have this problem on my 08. Since my vehicle is out of warranty and the dealer is 120 miles away, is there any way to determine which sensor is malfunctioning? I am very capable with a digital multi-meter and auto troubleshooting.

I have similar issues when my smartkey is in the same pocket as my IPhone. Button on door hanles won't activate if they are together. Any chance you have a similar situation with proximity of another device causing interference?

You should never keep a smart key in the same pocket as your cell.

I have the same issue, the small black button on the doors and the trunk button will not unlock the doors. Should I just buy the rear antenna and replace it and see what happens instead of bringing it to the dealer? anyone else have this issue? I recently bought this CX-9 Used and it never worked originally. I see the remote light up and the some red light on the dash but it does not trigger the lock or unlock the doors. I can only unlock or unlock the doors through my smart card button on my remotes. It would be nice to have this button work on my doors so I don't have to take out my remote everytime. Thanks in advance!

Back