Just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 GS

:
Canada
:
2016.5 CX-5 GS
Only has 64,000kms on it. Going to read through all these forms to learn all I can about my new vehicle.

Sonic Silver Metallic.
Sorry, pictures aren't great. My wife took them. :(
IMG_0062.jpgIMG_0066.JPGb327a2df-bc38-4bcc-9aaf-944078ce439c.jpg

Last edited:
Only has 64,000kms on it. Going to read through all these forms to learn all I can about my new vehicle.
I believe 2016.5 is the best CX-5 ever overall on design and reliability. Good choice!

And my 2016 CX-5 is Sonic Silver Metallic too. You’ll find you don’t need to wash the car often. ;)

FBC2307B-D8C0-4445-B77E-5C33C4D55347.jpeg

A81C0309-AF03-4E45-B219-FBF0C0CDCCB4.jpeg

Congratulations @bigbro13 on your new (to you) low mileage ride. @yrwei52 is correct ... 2016.5 is the best year of the cx5 and to find one with such low miles (under 40,000 miles) is awesome! 🔥🔥

With a trim of "gs" that sounds like maybe Canadian eh? Looks like sunroof cloth seats and 17" wheels so same as my American "Touring" ... which is another plus for reliability

With a trim of "gs" that sounds like maybe Canadian eh? Looks like sunroof cloth seats and 17" wheels so same as my American "Touring" ... which is another plus for reliability
Yes, GS is a Canadian trim, one higher than the base GX. Similar to the US Touring trim.

Yes, I am in Canada. Would have preferred the GT trim, but could not pass up the mileage (kilometerage?) and condition of this one. It has the sunroof, navigation, Compustar remote start and came with set of General winter tires on aluminum rims as well. Currently has, almost new, Pirelli tires on 17" rims.

Last edited:
Yes, I am in Canada. Would have preferred the GT trim, but could not pass up the mileage (kilometerage?) and condition of this one. It has the sunroof, navigation, and came with set of General winter tires on aluminum rims as well. Currently has, almost new, Pirelli tires on 17" rims.
If I was looking for a used car, low miles and good condition are the most important things than everything else. You definitely made a right decision getting this 2016.5 GS / Touring!

One of the unique feature on 2016.5 CX-5 Touring is it has the heated front seats on cloth seats and your GS should be the same which is a nice feature in Canada.

Your GS has the optional Moonroof and Bose Audio Package, but not sure if you have the optional Touring (GS) Technology Package which has Smart City Brake Support、LED headlights / DRLs、HomeLink、and other things.

Thanks yrwei52. It's a bit confusing regarding what is included in each trim level and I think Canadian and USA trim levels also differ somewhat. I have the sun/moon roof, but do not have the Bose system or the Homelink system. Would like to find the window sticker for my vehicle so I can see what it actually has, still finding things there and not there.:)

I believe the 2016.5 update added Navigation and Smart Device Integration to the 2016 model. I read that mine should have heated side mirrors, but as yet I have not been able to confirm that. No indication on the mirrors themselves, so I think not.

I believe the 2016.5 update added Navigation and Smart Device Integration to the 2016 model. I read that mine should have heated side mirrors, but as yet I have not been able to confirm that. No indication on the mirrors themselves, so I think not.
I don’t believe your Canadian GS has heated side mirrors. And there’s nothing on the mirrors to indicate they’re heated ones. Mazda seems to hesitate offering this feature to lower trim level vehicles. Do you have heated cloth front seats?

I don’t believe your Canadian GS has heated side mirrors. And there’s nothing on the mirrors to indicate they’re heated ones. Mazda seems to hesitate offering this feature to lower trim level vehicles. Do you have heated cloth front seats?
Yes, I do have cloth heated front seats.

Were the high failure rate DRLs more or less 2016 models or did that extend to 2016.5 as well?

Welcome and congrats! I share the same sentiments as some others, the 2016.5 CX-5 is the best! We had the US GT trim in deep crytal blue and loved it.

Were the high failure rate DRLs more or less 2016 models or did that extend to 2016.5 as well?
The LED DRL safety recall does include very few early 2016.5 CX-5’s manufactured in Dec. 2015. It also depends on the actual production date of the LED headlight assembly unit itself. If the production date of the LED headlight unit has the ‘H’ or ‘J’ date code, it isn’t subject to recall.

3A22ABB6-AB4C-40BD-936E-1E7F3B7710BE.jpeg

3D993180-D7D4-4805-BEC3-EC8973AD102B.jpeg

Back