Just got a '10 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, love most of it!

LSEric

m5.jpg

Just bought a Black (black leather) 2010 Mazda5 GT with 36k on the odometer last weekend. It was a trade in at a BMW dealership. I think I got a great deal on it, paid $13,998 + tax, tags & title. The thing is loaded, Nav System, DVD Entertainment system etc. So far I love it. It drives great. Completely different experience then my '99 Pathfinder with 180k that I finally decided to retire. Now If I can figure out the electronics, I'll be 100% happy!

Congrats and welcome. Great choice on the GT, it is "the" package to get and WELL worth the additional cost over a Sport or Touring and it sounds like you have the ultimate package!

I will say I'm not a fan of black on black (summer)...

Congrats and welcome. Great choice on the GT, it is "the" package to get and WELL worth the additional cost over a Sport or Touring and it sounds like you have the ultimate package!

I will say I'm not a fan of black on black (summer)...

Yeah, I'm worried about that as well. I am deciding now whether or not to tint the windows myself. If I do it myself, I can afford a much better ceramic tint. If I pay to have it done, I'm sure I will end up with whatever their "House" roll is.

Sounds like you got a great deal. I wish the 2009 had traction control like yours does.

Mine is black too and I got the windows tinted. It looks much better and I think it's a big improvement

View attachment 201663

Just bought a Black (black leather) 2010 Mazda5 GT with 36k on the odometer last weekend. It was a trade in at a BMW dealership. I think I got a great deal on it, paid $13,998 + tax, tags & title. The thing is loaded, Nav System, DVD Entertainment system etc. So far I love it. It drives great. Completely different experience then my '99 Pathfinder with 180k that I finally decided to retire. Now If I can figure out the electronics, I'll be 100% happy!

I think that is a great deal. Especially with 36k. That is barely broken in. I bought my sport new, but now it has 30k, and I feel that the engine purrs just now, and it's finally broken in. Looks clean, but is that a scratch on the right lower bumper cover?

Sounds like you got a great deal. I've got a black '09 GT and paid more then you did with the same amount of miles (I also got it used), and I don't have the DVD or nav! I wonder if the dealer knew what they had? I've got tinted windows and it looks 100x better. Would've been nice if Mazda offered privacy glass on these, it cost me a small fortune to have my windows done.

Yeah, I'm worried about that as well. I am deciding now whether or not to tint the windows myself. If I do it myself, I can afford a much better ceramic tint. If I pay to have it done, I'm sure I will end up with whatever their "House" roll is.
The air condition in this car is pretty weak (as are most new cars) in the heat of summer, especially since you are coastal and have to deal with humidity as well. Don’t get me wrong, you will survive but it’s not ideal on those REALLLY hot and humid days, hopefully far and few in between. I had an ’08 Sport with black interior and now an ’08 GT with the cream interior.

Tinting this car does not look hard at all. The biggest challenge is typically the large rear window and curvatures on the glass, which this car does not have. It’s just all flat windows. That said, I would still take it to a pro b/c I can never seem to cut it right and it takes too much time. I’ve never used ceramic tint but have hear great things (deflecting heat and never fades?). I’ve been going to the same tint guy since the early 90s and have used Johnson film on all of my cars, one I had and lasted over 10 years without fading -I avoid ammonia based soap and just use water to clean it. You reminded me to get mine done too :)

Friendly reminder why I say F the tint laws and ceramics 'may' have more advantages -dunno.
http://www.weather.com/news/trucker-sun-exposure-20120605

Last edited:
I think that is a great deal. Especially with 36k. That is barely broken in. I bought my sport new, but now it has 30k, and I feel that the engine purrs just now, and it's finally broken in. Looks clean, but is that a scratch on the right lower bumper cover?

Yes there is a scuff there, and another small one on the back bumper. I traced the car fax to an owner in NY city. So I knew going in that the exterior might show a few signs of city living.

With the help of the navigation "Home" setting, I managed to get the guys address. Then I went to google maps and actually found something mildly interesting. The Google street car following my 5 (hah)

So, the reason why I think I got such a good deal is because they just didn't want it. It was a trade in at a BMW dealership and they had had it for over a month. The original asking price was around 18,000. They had just reduced the price to 15,000 when I found it. Right next to where I was working out the deal was a BMW convertible on sale for $120,000, $25,000 below asking.

So I just said to the guy "You don't want be selling Mazdas today. You're not a Mazda dealer, you want to sell M5's today. I want to pay, $15,000 out the door. If you can give it me for that price you can go back to selling BMW's. So my final out the door, taxes, tags & title came out to be about $15,200.

I also got him to throw in a little BMW motorcycle bike for my son. I thought he forgot about it, but while we were walking out the door he grabbed it and put it in the back.

Attachments

• screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 123
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 126
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 115
Sounds like you got a great deal. I've got a black '09 GT and paid more then you did with the same amount of miles (I also got it used), and I don't have the DVD or nav! I wonder if the dealer knew what they had? I've got tinted windows and it looks 100x better. Would've been nice if Mazda offered privacy glass on these, it cost me a small fortune to have my windows done.

If you don't mid me asking, and I know we are in different areas. What was the cost?

I just put a deposit down on an identical mz5, going to get it Monday. Mine has 47k miles and they have it listed at $14,600.

If you don't mid me asking, and I know we are in different areas. What was the cost?

The window sticker had it at $18k. Was advertised on cars.com for $16,494, so that's what I got it for minus $5k for my trade-in. At the time the KBB price was closer to the window sticker, so I thought I got it for a good price. Mileage was 31,340.

Where about in Baltimore are you? I'm from Laurel and my parents live in Ellicott City. I make it out there at least once a year to visit, and the 5 is very good for the long drive.

Back