JDM tails for $100

Hy8us

Contributor
:
Sleeeepy P5
Lowest price i have found so far is around $200 not including shipping, looking to only spend $150 total. Is this possible or should I settle for the $200?

I should try the search button I know(poke)

Hy8us said:
Lowest price i have found so far is around $200 not including shipping, looking to only spend $150 total. Is this possible or should I settle for the $200?

I should try the search button I know(poke)

That's the lowest I've seen them for, or maybe 200 shipped during some special deal. Even used they seem to go for near those prices.

maybe a stupid question but are these the same as the jdm lights:

foto2328572.jpg

detail_503_mazda_323f_bj_8790.jpg

cause this are the ones that come standard here in europe.

If they are the same I could check how much they would cost here....

The EDM taillights aren't exactly the same as the JDM ones, but it's just something like there not being a side reflector built in to the JDM ones or something along those lines. Style-wise, they're the same.

The edm is the same as the jdm except the edm does not have the 4th hole on the bottom for the brake light. There is a slot to cut out but doesnt have it punched. in otherwords the bottom wont light up on edm tails. Either way, to add these tails you will need new harnesses for both. So buying from a vendor will be the only way. Or you have to customize it yourself.

Johndg said:
The edm is the same as the jdm except the edm does not have the 4th hole on the bottom for the brake light. There is a slot to cut out but doesnt have it punched. in otherwords the bottom wont light up on edm tails. Either way, to add these tails you will need new harnesses for both. So buying from a vendor will be the only way. Or you have to customize it yourself.

That's good to know.

Also, I've seen some JDM tail lights on ebay a few times for $149 (starting bid) + $50 shipping...Your better getting them at corksport...There's a thread somewhere that said they'll do free shipping.

WiL

My lights are JDM and they were plug and play, no harness work at all. I didn't get them off of corksport though, I got them through the bcmazda board.

I paid around $250 US which at the time was good.

I thought I remembered about the EDM lights having an extra light for a 'fog' light in the rear of something...?

anyone know if their the same in hong kong? i should have family there check.

If I recall correctly the edm's have the fog light in place of the back up light on the passenger side or is it the driver side or...well you get the point. Not sure about needing a harness though.

Naveed74 said:
My lights are JDM and they were plug and play, no harness work at all. I didn't get them off of corksport though, I got them through the bcmazda board.

I paid around $250 US which at the time was good.

I thought I remembered about the EDM lights having an extra light for a 'fog' light in the rear of something...?
I heard only the european ones need a harness, I can adapt them anyway. I think I will go corksport for safety:) I wish we had more options

I have the edm ones and the stock harness doesnt fit. There is 3 holes but you could punch out the bottom but it doesnt help since the stock harness only has 3 bulbs

Heres what Im talking about

Attachments

• Taillights.jpg
    Taillights.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 151
  • tail lights inside view.jpg
    tail lights inside view.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 142
I wonder if the sedan taillight harness would do anything for us. The sedan taillights are a very similar setup to the JDM taillights, as there is a lower light that is just always on, an upper light that gets brighter when the brakes are on, and then of course the reverse lamp and turn signal lamp.

Johndg said:
Heres what Im talking about

Hey Johndg - Where did you pick up the EDM tails? I prefer these over the JDM tails because they don't have the orange piece. It would involve a soldering iron, but these can be made to work with minimal effort.

Back