It's been fun. Onto bigger and better things!

Domii3925

:
2011 Crystal White Pearl Mazda2 Sport
I think it is time to move on. I have been looking into the Mazdaspeed 3. It has always been one of my favorite Mazda's and at the time I was ready for a new car, I didn't quite have the cash for it, so I settled with the Mazda 2. The Mazda 2 has been great, no doubt! I have never had any issues with it. Gas mileage is wonderful. The car is very fun to drive and race (with mods that is!!!). My Mazda2 had mods since 2 weeks after buying it and at this point, I have pretty much maxed out on parts they make for it. So I have decided the time has come. My 2 is back to stock now (what a difference from stock vs with most bolt ons) I was going to post all the parts on the marketplace but with the new changes is makes it a pain to post the long list of parts. I guess I will get around to posting them there at some point. Everyone can always check out my latest blog post.

Hopefully the Mazdaspeed3 community is as great as the 2 community, but somehow I highly doubt that! haha

Bummer. I wish I had cash on hand to grab all your parts off of you. I may contact you soon about the short shift plate (assuming somebody else doesn't grab it, first).

Damn! That's a shame Domii! You definitely had one of the best modified Mazda2's in the US and you were also one of the first.

I myself have been thinking about getting a Mazdaspeed3 but I will not be getting rid of the Mazda2. I got special place reserved for my Mazda2 because it was my first new car I have ever bought.

If I do get a Mazdaspeed3 I will focus all my future modifying endeavors on that vehicle instead of my Mazda2. I've pretty much maxed out the Mazda2 in terms of bolt on mods. However if a legit turbo or supercharger kit would come for the Mazda2 then I would have no need for a Mazdaspeed3.

Yes, I loved the 2, it was also my first brand new car, and my second car ever, as well as my first car I ever modded. I think I had a good run at the first time modifying. The car is basically at a stand still at this point and I am really outgrowing the power in it. I really hoped by now all the talk about turbo kits from forum members would get a Vendor to step up and help us all out, but it looks like they are all too worried about the sales vs making their valued customers happy and give them what they want.

I was just about to get a speed3 as well but I held off, because my 2 is halfway paid off and I don't want to start over from scratch. I figure if I'm patient I'll have my 2 and whatever else I want when it is paid off. Plus, being engaged and looking for a house put getting the speed3 down on the priority list. I'm attached to my 2 too much to let it go and have a decent amount of mods done. Congratulations btw, what color are you thinking about getting?

Good luck with the next project. Just remember, speed is addicting! Especially with turbo cars...its way too easy to get to power levels high enough to start breaking things. One reason why I love the 2...no worries about breaking transmissions, clutches, etc. Can also run the car pretty hard just about anywhere without getting into trouble. If you want to go fast, you should consider keeping the 2 as a daily and getting a turbo FC or miata as a wrenching/track/fun car.

Sent you a PM regarding a couple parts.

At least you are still in the Mazda family. I have thought about getting the speed 3, but I would rather save the money with the 2 and put it towards my Miata which is the track car $$$. What MS3 are you looking at the original or after the facelift. The post facelift one in white is the one I really like.

The car is basically at a stand still at this point and I am really outgrowing the power in it. I really hoped by now all the talk about turbo kits from forum members would get a Vendor to step up and help us all out, but it looks like they are all too worried about the sales vs making their valued customers happy and give them what they want.

I agree with you 100%.

After I install my next round of bolt-on's my Mazda2 it will be maxed out in the realm of bolt-on parts. I am still anxiously waiting for a Mazda2 turbo or supercharger kit but until something like that becomes available, my Mazda2 is in a stand still for performance upgrades.

I suppose I should consider myself fortunate that I can't afford to go get all of the parts at once. It means I always have something to look forward to!

Good luck with the next project. Just remember, speed is addicting! Especially with turbo cars...its way too easy to get to power levels high enough to start breaking things. One reason why I love the 2...no worries about breaking transmissions, clutches, etc. Can also run the car pretty hard just about anywhere without getting into trouble. If you want to go fast, you should consider keeping the 2 as a daily and getting a turbo FC or miata as a wrenching/track/fun car.

Sent you a PM regarding a couple parts.

Yea I would never modify the Speed3 close to enough to get that kind of power. I am honestly pretty happy with the stock power the speed3 puts out. Maybe just a few bolt ons for power. Id be more interested in suspension for it.

At least you are still in the Mazda family. I have thought about getting the speed 3, but I would rather save the money with the 2 and put it towards my Miata which is the track car $$$. What MS3 are you looking at the original or after the facelift. The post facelift one in white is the one I really like.

I am looking at a brand new gen2. Mazda is giving crazy deals on them locally as well as pretty good trade for the 2. Id also be looking at White of course. As far as Mazda family - I guess I would be lying if I said I had zero interest in the BRZ/FRS.

I suppose I should consider myself fortunate that I can't afford to go get all of the parts at once. It means I always have something to look forward to!

Haha, yea I bought my car and already had springs, rear torsion and wheels and tires pretty much my second week owning it.

Hey! Speed3 is always on my mind too! It'll be sad to see you go, but I hope you love the Speed3. Your 2 was definitely one of the examples that swayed me towards buying mine. I love everything you did with your car. Make sure you post us an update soon!

I think it is time to move on. I have been looking into the Mazdaspeed 3. It has always been one of my favorite Mazda's and at the time I was ready for a new car, I didn't quite have the cash for it, so I settled with the Mazda 2. The Mazda 2 has been great, no doubt! I have never had any issues with it. Gas mileage is wonderful. The car is very fun to drive and race (with mods that is!!!). My Mazda2 had mods since 2 weeks after buying it and at this point, I have pretty much maxed out on parts they make for it. So I have decided the time has come. My 2 is back to stock now (what a difference from stock vs with most bolt ons) I was going to post all the parts on the marketplace but with the new changes is makes it a pain to post the long list of parts. I guess I will get around to posting them there at some point. Everyone can always check out my latest blog post.

Hopefully the Mazdaspeed3 community is as great as the 2 community, but somehow I highly doubt that! haha

Funny you are doing that I did the reverse thing, I sold the Mazdaspeed3 to get the Mazda2. I'm waiting for a rwd Mazda to come out :)

Yea I would never modify the Speed3 close to enough to get that kind of power. I am honestly pretty happy with the stock power the speed3 puts out. Maybe just a few bolt ons for power. Id be more interested in suspension for it.

I said this exact thing two months ago. I have a 2, and jumped on a used speed3 at my dealer.... I will tell you as a cautionary tale, i'm about $3000 in to my speed3 and no signs of stopping.

Boost is addictive and I find I can't even get into my two and drive it down the block and be happy anymore. I suspect my 2 will go up for sale as soon as I figure I can sell it for what I owe on it!

Damn! That's a shame Domii! You definitely had one of the best modified Mazda2's in the US and you were also one of the first.

I myself have been thinking about getting a Mazdaspeed3 but I will not be getting rid of the Mazda2. I got special place reserved for my Mazda2 because it was my first new car I have ever bought.

If I do get a Mazdaspeed3 I will focus all my future modifying endeavors on that vehicle instead of my Mazda2. I've pretty much maxed out the Mazda2 in terms of bolt on mods. However if a legit turbo or supercharger kit would come for the Mazda2 then I would have no need for a Mazdaspeed3.

Hey! Speed3 is always on my mind too! It'll be sad to see you go, but I hope you love the Speed3. Your 2 was definitely one of the examples that swayed me towards buying mine. I love everything you did with your car. Make sure you post us an update soon!

Thanks to both of you for the compliments. It really means a lot that my car was that much of an inspiration., I honestly had no idea my car inspired some of you 2 owners so it really does mean a lot to me...Not going to lie it makes me even more sad to let her go!

Back