Issues with new site?

I just had a look at DriveAccord.net which is a XenForo forum, and they have signatures but with really small text. That's another option.

EDIT: Worked easy enough, but I am wondering what size those test pics are 7? I'm wondering if I go take a pic with my phone camera if it will say it's too big a file size too.

You might need to resize for now if you can...I will test it out as well but I did have to (and was able to) resize to upload via an iPhone on a different site.

Attachment test...

99A295BC-2F49-4993-BA0B-A92B90B13140.jpeg

This is via an iPhone Safari Browser...Full size is too large but I was able to choose “Large” and it uploaded...

Depends on the phone used to take the picture and the camera's settings. Mine, for example, will not upload directly from my phone because the pictures are usually too big. I have to upload to Google Drive from my phone, download to my computer and resize with Paint or PhotoShop, then upload. I'm not sure if the admins have explored changing the maximum file size for attachments yet, but based on how advanced cell phone cameras have become, it would be a good idea to increase the maximum file size.

I just tested it via my iPhone and I was able to resize during the selection process and it worked...There's no option to resize during the selection process on your phone?

I am looking into increasing the max attachment file size...Will update...

Testing pictures for mobile...

View attachment 222137

EDIT: Worked easy enough, but I am wondering what size those test pics are 7? I'm wondering if I go take a pic with my phone camera if it will say it's too big a file size too.
Yea, we are only talking about being able to snap a photo on mobile and quickly upload it without having to screw around resizing.
Don't see a way to easily resize on my phone with Chrome like Antoine says works on Safari.
That would be ok. But imo this is a pretty critical thing to make sure works seamlessly and was really the only reason that makes Tapatalk such a must have.
I like Signatures but HATE really large ones as you may remember mine was pretty small. Large ones detract from readability.

We can't swear anymore either? :( Now that's a new rule I cannot get behind. :D bwahahaha :D

No signatures is really hard to believe. I've been on tons and tons of different internet discussion forums over the years and there's ALWAYS been a signature option, until seeing this one.

Maybe the admins decided against signatures because they felt it would be too clunky, and they wanted to streamline the look of forum posts? Maybe the lack of signatures improves the mobile browsing experience?

I'm on a few other forums (using vBulletin mostly) that have imposed character or line limits in signatures. Maybe that's a compromise worth exploring?

The main reason is to streamline post flow, especially for mobile but desktop as well. Other reasons were that the feature was being used less and less over the years...Also, some people had MASSIVE signatures, others had outdated information as well as broken links and images. Threads are for posts, that said...I'm keeping an eye open for alternative solutions / improving our avatar area solution.

Testing image attachment directly from phone.

IMG_20200110_095901.jpg

Works fine for me, but this image is only 814 kb. I didn't see any options to resize, but I wonder if that's just because the file is small enough to not need it? I'm using Chrome on an Android phone.

@sm1ke In case you didn't see my previous post...The max has just been increased significantly and I was able to upload a full size image without resizing from my iPhone.

Check 1 2 3

Attachments

• IMG_20191224_232626.jpg
    IMG_20191224_232626.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Hot Off The Press...Max file size for attachments has just been increased 8 Times!
Thanks.

I once tried to upload a pdf I snagged from Mazda's website and it was too large (I believe around 1.4Mb)

I don't know of this is possible, but the old forum would send "New Post" emails with an excerpt so you could decide if you wanted to bother clicking on it to read it in its entirety. This one does not.

I don't know of this is possible, but the old forum would send "New Post" emails with an excerpt so you could decide if you wanted to bother clicking on it to read it in its entirety. This one does not.

Hi AD, there is an option to enable this feature in your Preferences.

Click on your user name at the top of the window, then click on "Preferences". On this screen, beside "Content options", ensure that the boxes beside "and receive email notifications" is checked. Click on the "Save" button at the bottom, and you should be good to go. Screenshot for reference:

email.JPG

If you already have those boxes checked and you're still not getting emails, please let Antoine know via PM.

Hi AD, there is an option to enable this feature in your Preferences.

Click on your user name at the top of the window, then click on "Preferences". On this screen, beside "Content options", ensure that the boxes beside "and receive email notifications" is checked. Click on the "Save" button at the bottom, and you should be good to go. Screenshot for reference:

View attachment 222233

If you already have those boxes checked and you're still not getting emails, please let Antoine know via PM.
Thanks, sm1ke.

I probably was not very clear. I'm getting emails that notify me that a new post exists. The prior forum's emails included an extract from that new post so we could see if we wanted to bother going to it to read the entire thing.

I was wondering if this is a function that can be turned on.

Thanks, sm1ke.

I probably was not very clear. I'm getting emails that notify me that a new post exists. The prior forum's emails included an extract from that new post so we could see if we wanted to bother going to it to read the entire thing.

I was wondering if this is a function that can be turned on.

Ah I see, I think I just misunderstood you. I see what you're asking about now. One of the other forums I frequent includes that excerpt in the email notification, but I don't have the email notification enabled for this forum, so I had no idea that it didn't provide the excerpt. My bad! 🥴

Ah I see, I think I just misunderstood you. I see what you're asking about now. One of the other forums I frequent includes that excerpt in the email notification, but I don't have the email notification enabled for this forum, so I had no idea that it didn't provide the excerpt. My bad! 🥴
Yeh, if you look at that other forum, you'll see it's likely vBulletin, same as our old one was.

It's no big deal. If I never had it I wouldn't even think of wanting it...

Back