Issues with new site?

So are all my previous thread subscriptions gone? On most forums I visit (mostly vB forums), I usually hit UserCP first to check my subscribed threads, and then after that I may go look at new topics. However I'm not seeing how to view a list of my previous thread subscriptions.

Okay I see how to filter the "What's New" threads to only show ones I'm "Watching" and save that as the default. So that works.

Next question, how do I go to the first unread post in the thread? Similar to the little down arrow next to the thread title on vB forums.

Will signatures be added back in at some point?

They have stated that signatures would not be available on these forums, but I would also like to have signatures implemented again.

This isn't really an issue, more of a suggestion - Could we move the Lounge to the top of the landing page, after the sponsors but before the model subforums? It might encourage people to post in there when its one of the first things you see when you load the page. It's currently near the bottom of the page.

man, bummer about signatures. I like having my list of cars visible so I don't always have to state in every post what car I have.

So are all my previous thread subscriptions gone? On most forums I visit (mostly vB forums), I usually hit UserCP first to check my subscribed threads, and then after that I may go look at new topics. However I'm not seeing how to view a list of my previous thread subscriptions.

@PatrickGSR94 I believe they are unfortunately...Not everything made the move.

Okay I see how to filter the "What's New" threads to only show ones I'm "Watching" and save that as the default. So that works.

Next question, how do I go to the first unread post in the thread? Similar to the little down arrow next to the thread title on vB forums.

How did you go about doing that exactly? I'm still getting acquainted with the new platform myself.

As for your question...In Thread List View, click on the latest post time...When viewing a specific thread, you should see a "Jump to new" button at the top of the thread...Hope that helps!

Will signatures be added back in at some point?

No, we're going sig free from now on but I've added the Vehicle field under avatars (shortened it to "V:" due to space constraints).

Could we move the Lounge to the top of the landing page, after the sponsors but before the model subforums? It might encourage people to post in there when its one of the first things you see when you load the page. It's currently near the bottom of the page.

This has been mentioned before and I have been thinking about it...Our priority is the model-specific forum but this might be possible if I separated the Lounge from All Mazdas and placed it up there...Suggestions are very much appreciated...Going to think about it and post an update later...

My Forum Handle doesn't appear under my Avtar and I don't see any place to edit this.

When I try to update my location, I get the following error: V: Please enter a value using 20 characters or fewer. I'm well under 20 characters.

@PatrickGSR94 I believe they are unfortunately...Not everything made the move.

How did you go about doing that exactly? I'm still getting acquainted with the new platform myself.

As for your question...In Thread List View, click on the latest post time...When viewing a specific thread, you should see a "Jump to new" button at the top of the thread...Hope that helps!

I went to What's New at the very top, right of Forums, then clicked on New Posts. There it shows me all the new posts on the forum using the filter "Unread". At the far right there's a Filters drop down, so I checked the box Watched Content, and then also checked Save As Default. Now when I go to New Posts it shows me all the new posts I have participated in or previously subscribed to on the old forum.

Also I noticed now that if I just click the thread title it automatically takes me to the latest unread post. I don't think it did that yesterday.

Just popped in to find new world......are all our pics gone or is that something still being sorted through?

When I try to update my location, I get the following error: V: Please enter a value using 20 characters or fewer. I'm well under 20 characters.

When you say location, do you mean vehicle (V)? When you tried to update your vehicle field? The location field has a different character limit and does not appear under your avatar.

I went to What's New at the very top, right of Forums, then clicked on New Posts. There it shows me all the new posts on the forum using the filter "Unread". At the far right there's a Filters drop down, so I checked the box Watched Content, and then also checked Save As Default. Now when I go to New Posts it shows me all the new posts I have participated in or previously subscribed to on the old forum.

Also I noticed now that if I just click the thread title it automatically takes me to the latest unread post. I don't think it did that yesterday.

Okay...Thanks...I thought I had seen that ability before but forgot where...It's under "New posts"...I thought you meant under "What's new" but there's no filter ability there (perhaps in a future update)...Cool feature, thanks again!

As for clicking the thread title, I believe it depends where you are on the site...If you click a thread title when viewing "New Posts" it takes you to the latest...If you click a thread title within a Forum, it takes you to the first post where you can "Jump to new"...If I'm not mistaken.

Just popped in to find new world......are all our pics gone or is that something still being sorted through?

Welcome! If you mean the pics hosted on the old site, unfortunately we could not move those over...If you mean attachments, those did make the move. I had posted an announcement on the old site mentioning that hosted pics would not make the move (and to save them elsewhere if needed).

We do have a new pic hosting feature called "Media" here...

As for clicking the thread title, I believe it depends where you are on the site...If you click a thread title when viewing "New Posts" it takes you to the latest...If you click a thread title within a Forum, it takes you to the first post where you can "Jump to new"...If I'm not mistaken.

Okay...I think this only applies to threads you read before otherwise you see the first post regardless and you'll need to click on "Jump to new".

No, the field above Website:

1577904095559.png

When you say location, do you mean vehicle (V)? When you tried to update your vehicle field? The location field has a different character limit and does not appear under your avatar.

So are all my previous thread subscriptions gone?

I take back my previous comment...When I click on "Watched" and then "Watched threads", I currently have 382 pages of threads I've posted in...So threads that you've posted in (on the old site) should now be listed under Forums > Watched > Watched threads.

Back