Is Scotchguard safe on Mazda's Cloth Interior?

sxa

'23 CX-9 CE, '14 CX-5 Touring FWD, '16 CX-3 GT FWD
I was going to Scotchguard my seats in the new CX-5, since they are sand cloth I want to try to protect them as much as possible but I had a friend tell me to check to make sure it was safe. I did some googling and couldn't find anything that answered for sure if it was safe. I have no idea what fabrics are x coded and Googling mostly has led to speculation. While not a big deal, I was wondering if anyone here might know for sure if scotchguard is safe on the cloth seats in the CX-5 or not. If no one knows, I will try calling the dealer tomorrow to see if they know.

Thanks guys, I have the sand cloth so I will spray some under the seat tomorrow and see if I see any issues, if not I will do all the seats.

I scotchguarded my white cloth VW seats years ago, in galaxy far away. I remember that it worked well, better on the seats that saw very little use. You must apply at a distance and go lightly. Do not let it run or pool, it will stain. Be sure to mask everything you don't want it on with blankets or towels (plastic, Windows, electronics).

I have a convertible Mustang with a cloth top, not vinyl. I have used a product called Raggtop on it which makes the water bead up beautifully and roll off, and lasts a long time in the elements. It would probably work great on fabric interiors, though it may be overkill, and IDK what chemicals it has in it. May be trouble for the skin.

I Scotchguarded my black cloth seats and carpets, no problem. However, wipe it up promptly from the plastic trim or it will leave white spots.

Sand Color Cloth Seats

For anyone who has the Sand color cloth seats in a Sport or Touring model - how are they holding up? And does Scotchguaring the seats seem to help to keep them looking new? The Sand color certainly lightens and brightens the interior, but a lighter color cloth seems like it would be more prone to staining from jeans, spills, etc. The color also makes me wonder if cleaning might be slightly higher maintenance (than black cloth).

Back