Is LKAS improved on the CX-90?

PaulZooms

16.5 GT Sensing
:
Lakewood, CO
:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
Does it now do lane centering like almost every other brand, or does it still react late to line approach causing the ping pong effect?

According to the specs, only the top trim level of the Turbo S has active lane centering. Every other model, even the top trim of the PHEV, get the wishy-washy “lane buzzing” alert that tepidly suggests the wheel back into the lane.

I love the CX90. My only complaint is that I wish Mazda was more competitive with the feature content. It really doesn’t stack up well next to the Pilot or the Kia/Hyundai twins. But it blows them away in driving dynamics, quality, and exclusivity… I know for me and many others that’s worth it. 😊

According to the specs, only the top trim level of the Turbo S has active lane centering. Every other model, even the top trim of the PHEV, get the wishy-washy “lane buzzing” alert that tepidly suggests the wheel back into the lane.

I love the CX90. My only complaint is that I wish Mazda was more competitive with the feature content. It really doesn’t stack up well next to the Pilot or the Kia/Hyundai twins. But it blows them away in driving dynamics, quality, and exclusivity… I know for me and many others that’s worth it. 😊
At least they offer the feature on one model now. Perhaps it will be added to lower trims in future years.

I just don’t get why they limit such an important feature IMHO to the top of the line trim. Other brands include lane centering in all but the lowest stripper trim. The lack of it on all PHEV trims will cause me to look elsewhere at purchase time.

At least they offer the feature on one model now. Perhaps it will be added to lower trims in future years.

I just don’t get why they limit such an important feature IMHO to the top of the line trim. Other brands include lane centering in all but the lowest stripper trim. The lack of it on all PHEV trims will cause me to look elsewhere at purchase time.
Because from the get go Mazda stated that they felt that lane centering took too much control away from the driver. I tend to agree. When I drive a car with lane centering, my wrists get tired from constantly fighting it. I guess Mazda finally gave in to the loudest voices

Back