Is it a good deal?? Advise PLEASE>...

taolu

:
Mazda MP3 Yellow
I got package ad from my dealership. They have a complete apperance, underbody, interior and LoJack tracking system package for $1,500. It says it will guarantee 5 years the paint, and underbody against any rust or salt damage. The LoJack tracking system is for in case my car got stolen, it will contact police and find my car back.
want to get some advise from all of you.
Thanks

In general, Paint protectant and underbody coating is just about worthless on new cars since new cars shouldn't be made out of materials that rust like older cars.

A good coat of wax will take care of the paint just fine if you are really worried.

I haven't heard much about the Lojack system, but it's supposed to be good, if it's installed right.

Originally posted by <Underbody coating>:
<STRONG>In general, Paint protectant and underbody coating is just about worthless on new cars since new cars shouldn't be made out of materials that rust like older cars.

A good coat of wax will take care of the paint just fine if you are really worried.

I haven't heard much about the Lojack system, but it's supposed to be good, if it's installed right.</STRONG>

WAX? Who told you that? Waxing in the winter/snowy weather will protect you paint, but to keep it protected, you'll be waxing ever other week. I'm basing this off of my experience with snow in Michigan, if I remember correctly, Maryland isn't too different. I think it may be worse.

You didn't waste your money at all, especially if you're living Maryland. Japanese cars or know for using lower grade paint and metals. Look at any honda or toyota, them sheet metal above the rear wheels almost always goes first. After the winter compare your under body to someone who didn't buy the paint & rust package. You will see the difference. Mainly on the exhuast parts and exposed bolts. If you have the paint protection, wax shouldn't be needed. It depends on what the quality of the paint protector. Of course, if you want to wax it feel free, but it really isn't needed if you got paint protection.

Lo Jack, is by far the best theft recovery device on the market. It's strange to see someone who's into cars, but hasn't heard anything about a Lo Jack :rolleyes:

Get registered bro...... ;)

hey whats up, as far as the paint it should be fine, especiall if its a new car. Lo-Jack heh well i have some "friends" who have dealt with them, they work fine just as long as the dealership hides the transmitter in a good place, if they are lazy and just put it in the engine bay, it pretty much worthless and the police might wind up tracking a trashcan beside your house. Now i will say that it should lower your insurance premiums by quite a bit, so its not sooo bad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, the best theft recovery system I've seen was OnStar...Yep that dang GM deal...They called the cops and told them where the car was and told them who stole it. The cops rolled up just as thieves jumped in it again to tear off around town.

As for the underbody protectant, I think that stuff is crap. I've seen on it cars around CO and it didn't do anything tho help them. And the clear coat protectant already on the car should be plenty fine.

Although, the salt they use up there might be worse than I thought. They use rocks here, so our windshields get beatin' to hell in the spring.

Different areas use different things for the road in the winter. In Michigan they only used salt. So, I've never experienced the rocks thing. So, my experience with the undercoating was a good one. But, things are different everywhere.

Latest posts

Back