iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

I know what you're saying, bud...the FS responds ridiculously well to big cams...at least in terms of sound...the entire rev range changes so much its incredible haha.

I tried to take a vid and it was a no go. I will try the phone next. In the mean time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1793.JPG
    100_1793.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 562
  • 100_1795.JPG
    100_1795.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 548
OK so still trying to find a good tuner is IL for the microtech. I did properly seat the rings after I let the cams have their few minutes of break in. Bought the J&S Safegaurd interceptor along with a bosh knock sensor and their gauge. Here is a crappy cellphone vid of the start up and smooth idle. I will get to installing the LT10 here in the next few weeks along with the safgaurd and wideband. After that is the tuner with results. Yes thats right a build thread that actually gets finished!!!!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3qR2nI1vUA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3qR2nI1vUA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

You will have to check that your Microtech has the Wideband feature enabled. I believe that the Microtech uses a 0-5v signal, whereas the stock O2 sensor is 0-1v. My suggestion is to look into an Innovate MTX-L unit, which should cover most bases.

Damn.... forgot about this! I wish I remembered this when I bought my wideband. Wiring this thing in between life sucks. Cant stop now..... about one month left before the first race.

So besides buying the wideband twice all I have left is the crank and cam sensors left. I am trying to find where I can buy the mesh shield to protect the wires. So far I have only fount mesh tape. I guess I can use that. I will have to spiral it along the wires. Unless any of you guys know where I can get any?

Also still waiting on the J&S to show up.....

If you splice into the crank and cam angle sensors in the cabin, you shouldn't need to use any mesh tube as they will be relatively shielded from the interference in the engine bay.

Well, by having a Standalone you would just have to remove all the EGR hardware (small weight reduction). And by having just a small plug, it reduces possibilities of having troubles.

And I would like to know how is gonna react your AFR when the EGR valve is gonna open and let extra fresh air into the intake manifod???

awesome work man.

I would assume the advantage of a block off plate would be that it lets no air in through the egr tube, in which a breather filter might let a small amount under high vacuum...wouldn't be much of an issue since you could tune around it, but might make partial throttle mapping easier (since that ecu has no high load closed loop, correct?)

in either case...for my previous build i just cut a section of an aluminum can, making a plate to mount between the EGR valve itself and the TB...This doesn't cap off the egr tube, but it blocks the ports for the exhaust gas at the tB...accomplishing the same thing...it worked fine, and only costs as much as a can of diet coke...just make it a couple layers thick, it doesn't put up with much abuse...

pondered on this..... The microtech operates on map and not maf. So if when the egr opens the map will change and the mocrotech should adjust. Maybe.

Dying to finish this thing. But I am still waiting on the J&S.... Also I am trying to figure out the cam and crank sensor hook up. In the mean time I got the wideband hooked up too.
attachment.php

missing stuff
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1801.JPG
    100_1801.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_1802.JPG
    100_1802.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 512
Ahh s***.... now that I look at it the zm is different. Not too sure about what you guys have. But if I remember right you do have some pretty different stuff.

Not sure the sensors are different, but certainly the trigger wheels / maps are. I don't think it will really matter at the end of the day as long as you grab the right wires.

As these are sensor wires you should just be able to splice into them. Like I said before it's probably best to do it in the cabin.

Not sure the sensors are different, but certainly the trigger wheels / maps are. I don't think it will really matter at the end of the day as long as you grab the right wires.

As these are sensor wires you should just be able to splice into them. Like I said before it's probably best to do it in the cabin.

OK cool! Thanks for the push... all done, and the cars starts and idles great! Now I wait for the J&S. Hopefully off to the dyno next week!

OK got the J&S in the mail (a day late from the usps) and got it installed. Having problems with the gauge. It is supposed to do a self check thingy but is does not. Asking John about it now so we will see if he can help me out. Also got the two SS bungs welded in for the wide band and the second O2 sensor, and fixed the exhaust hanger I tried to modify. SOOO its now off at the dyno! A-Spec in Schaumburg IL has a freelance guy whom has been tuning Microtechs since they cam here in USA. He should have the cam gears, microtech, J&S all tuned up by the end of the weekend. I guess I am hoping for at least 150whp. If not then modding this car N/A is sooo not worth it. For me any power I have gained will defiantly be helpful as I am in a controlled racing environment. But its going to take a huge gain in hp to stay in front of that BMW!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/88yveFk1Fso?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/88yveFk1Fso?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

attachment.php

These two hangers where pointed the other direction and must be for a probe or something so I bent them backward and they fit great! except the one busted off.
attachment.php

TRI-R are the same people that fixed my crappy k-sports. Amazing work!
attachment.php

attachment.php

last bit of wiring before dyno time!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1803.JPG
    100_1803.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 475
  • 100_1804.JPG
    100_1804.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_1805.JPG