iPad Pro 12.9 in 2019 CX-5

Today, I installed two magnetic vent mounts to attach my iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd w/ cellular). It seems that two magnets on the side grip the iPad pretty strong and didn't see any bounce while doing local drive testing and touching screen seems to be sturdy as well. Since iPad Pro 12.9 has four speakers, the sound is also great at around 75% volume. I know that I can pair it to CX-5 using Bluetooth but it seems that my phone and tablet often fight to get audio output and it ends up messing Android Auto. I probably use the vent mount for my smartphone with Android Auto for everyday usage, but it can be good entertainment system for long stay in parking lot.

sm_20210306_142019.jpg

sm_20210306_142052.jpg

sm_20210306_142433.jpg

sm_20210306_142446.jpg

sm_20210306_142617.jpg

Oh err. That means no air flow from the vents and surely it would get stolen?
True, but again ipad won't be there all the time. Since it is magnet mount, it only takes a second to detach it and carry it in the bag. It will cook the ipad if I leave it in summer time or get stolen first day if I leave it in unattended 😄.

Can I ask why you are doing it?
I have two young kids and I have an entertainment system on my van, but not on cx-5. We use van most of time, but there is a time that we have to use cx-5 with kids. Sometimes, they have to sit and wait in the parking lot waiting for my wife to finish her grocery shopping. And, there are other occasional usages. Again, it doesn’t mean to be everyday usage but it will be useful when I need it.

Nice. This is also a great alternative for us owners who unfortunately don’t have CarPlay included in the model (2019 Sport):cautious:. So I think I will be doing something similar with my iPad as well, plus the Maps app looks way better on iPad anyways.

Me?? Why what for?? If you don’t mind..
Sorry I didnt mean you, it was Intended more to the OP with that large of a display I would think that the Forscan app would be easy to read with whatever gauges specified, and pretty cool If you’re into that stuff.

Back