Interior Lighting

Which type of bulb did you get for the DRL? I purchased the 9005/HB3 as suggested but it didn't fit... I saw that the bulb type was P13W.... Am I right ? also anyone know what the bulb type is for the stock fog lamp? looking to replace this too..

Last edited:
Which type of bulb did you get for the DRL? I purchased the 9005/HB3 as suggested but it didn't fit... I saw that the bulb type was P13W.... Am I right ? also anyone know what the bulb type is for the stock fog lamp? looking to replace this too..

Right on the oem drl bumb is printed hb3/ 9005
From jdmtoy.com
I purchssed their LEXUS blue drl kit. It fits and works ferfectly.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Lexus-IS-GS-SC-p/led_sku45_r4.htm

And the fog light is the same as the headlight. H11

where in the manual does it say p13w? i couldn't find any actual bulb model references, do you have the tech(xenon) package?

well just checked mine and sure enough, my drl is p13w as well (eyeballs)
i'm guessing it must be a difference between the xenon and non xenon headlights, kim do you have xenons? akira, i'm guessing you have halogens

well just checked mine and sure enough, my drl is p13w as well (eyeballs)
i'm guessing it must be a difference between the xenon and non xenon headlights, kim do you have xenons? akira, i'm guessing you have halogens

You are correct. I was unaware that the bulbs were different in the different trims. Glad someone found that out

You are correct. I was unaware that the bulbs were different in the different trims. Glad someone found that out

yup, i pm'd bad apple to update the OP with the variance, mesasged superbrightleds.com to see if they have p13w's hiding somewhere or if they suggest someplace else to get them

Yea I have GT with xenon HID lights.... I knew I wasn't crazy... I'll post a pic when I install them... Also anyone know the bulb type for interior Dom lights?

Last edited:
Yea I have GT with xenon HID lights.... I knew I wasn't crazy... I'll post a pic when I install them... Also anyone know the bulb type for interior Dom lights?

not yet, i'll prolly go thru next weekend and pull all the lights to see what they are and post them up unless someone else beats me to the punch

So here are the pictures of the new DRLs,

2012-04-16 18.58.56.jpg2012-04-16 19.00.02.jpg2012-04-16 20.18.13.jpg2012-04-12 18.22.22.jpg

Last edited:
forgot to mention, heard back from superbrightleds.com they dont carry any p13w bulbs so guess i'll have to source some somewhere else

kimchei, your pics still aren't working there aren't even placeholders, just empty lines in post

they should, i'd check yours just to triple confirm mine and kimcheis findings that xenon uses p13w for drl

i just opened the trunk and took out the drl.. its really easy to take out... they look the same as the one i just ordered... in a few days i will take a picture of them installed...
i want to change the fog light too... but i think i cant do it on my own..

i just opened the trunk and took out the drl.. its really easy to take out... they look the same as the one i just ordered... in a few days i will take a picture of them installed...
i want to change the fog light too... but i think i cant do it on my own..

wait, you have a trunk? and your drls are in there?? (boom01)

Back