Intercooler dimensions

db2boy

Folks,
I'm looking at having an intercooler made. As per the following there are some guidelines dimensions of the ones Dave had made:-

http://www.eunos.com.au/data/howto/cosmo/intercooler/index.html

I'm a long way from the car and can't measure myself, does anyone know if there is anymore room on the overall length of 630mm
mentioned in the above? For example I can find some nice cores but they are approx 5cm longer than the core Dave used. Anyone
ever mentioned and recorded the space for an intercooler?

Anyone done an intercooler recently and have updated suggestions on what Dave put together?

Thanks

Ant

Thanks Ant!

I should also mention that the intercooler I posted is about as wide as you can go once you factor in the end tanks. You will also need to "massage" your horn mounts to fit it. You will need to make some mounts for it, but it can be done without the need for welding.

If you use some M12 bolts you can drill through the top part of the intercooler (don't worry, it's just a flat bar of aluminum) and tap it for an M12 thread. Screw the M12 onto the top of the IC and then fasten another bolt down on top of it so the torque is working in opposite directions. Once you have done this, re-drill the factory mounting brackets to accommodate the larger bolt.

Do the same on the bottom of the IC but use short M10 bolts. You just want to create a 'nub' that will then sit inside the factory rubber mounts. I'll try and get some pics.

Cheers Berty, ordered the intercooler, connectors, clamps and some pipe from them. I'll likely pop to my friends house when I'm back and weld up some posts on the bottom and new brackets for the top. Not sure there is enough meat on this from the pictures to be tapping it? I'll also try and fabricate a new shroud from the nose inlet encapsulating the entire cooler. Wont be for a few months but I'll add details and pics along with the other work I have planned.

Thanks

Ant

Latest posts

Back