Installation begins tomorrow

Well my New Year should definitely be Happy. After my first semester in Med School I decided to treat myself. I drove down to Ft. Lauderdale for Xmas (from Atlanta racking up 685 miles in the process; currently I have 5100 miles on my Yellow MSP). First I went to get the flash and change bushings and links on all four corners at the dealer I used to use in Ft. Laud. (Gunther - ten times better than any dealer I've ever been at before). Tomorrow I will begin the installation of my iON FMIC + CAI + MP5 Radiator + Blitz DTT - and I'll also be changing tranny fluid to GM Syncromesh.
I'd like to give a special thanks to Jack from iON, Demonic Speed for his help, Jonboy for the MP5 radiator, and everyone on the boards who contributed to the trillion of threads I searched through for the past few weeks to make what will happen tomorrow possible. I will post and let everyone know how it all went. I probably wont be done until Friday.

I'd also like to add that Jack was extremely helpful and time efficient in the whole process. It would take me quite a while to fully explain how great he was with me. It took exactly one week after he received my payment for me to receive the FMIC + CAI - which I found quite prompt considering he's in Canada and I'm in South Florida.
Also, Jonathan (Jonboy688) was extremely kind to order the MP5 radiator for me. Thanks a lot.

For anyone who has done this before, are there any problems you think I will experience and how did you deal with it? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I'm not too far from right now. I'm in Pembroke Pines. Let me know if you'd like help. How did you pull off getting the fmic so fast? Were they in stock when you called?

well marlin mazda rocks too i bought the mazdaspeed in gunther and the mazda3 in marlin mazda and they are great dealers

wait let me clarify, i was talking about service depatrments. lol i bought my sunlight silver at marlin, they treated me fine, but after that the service dept sucked. they sold me a car with a stock protege shiftknob, and then ordered me another protege shift knob, and then tried to tell me that since the production of the car was cancelled there was no way they couild find me a knob, the cover to my kick panel fuse box was MIA and my sib blew the day i drove it home, none of which they wanted to fix, then i brough in my old man and the story changed a bit. i got everything replaced and the shiftknob was there in 3 days.

PS: now the sub is gone (ripped it out) and i'm looking for a knew shiftknob because i hate the mazdaspeed one for my style of shifting, so i guess i'm the asshole, oh well (second)

*EDIT*
in fact, i was at their service department so much those like 2 weeks that the pic in my avatar was taken in the service "drive through" of marlin mazda

Last edited:
sickspeed and puckpimp thanks for the offer. I think I should be fine but if I do need help I'll definitely drop you a PM. Just to clarify about the service dept. situation, I've never used Marlin Mazda for service so I don't have an opinion on them. I was really referring to 2 dealers in Atlanta. I used Gunther when I had my titanium MSP, then after it was totalled and I moved to ATL I got my yellow speed in July. First week I took it to two different dealers up there to get the flash and they didn't do it because they had no clue what I was talking about. Then My remote for the radio wasn't working and the service rep. told me they couldn't do anything because it was an aftermarket radio that I put in. Luckily I made some noise and another service rep nearby said that was the stock radio. Next my rear bumper needed fixing because the 2 sided tape was loose over the exhaust. The same rep said that was normal, I made noise again, then the same 'other' rep walked by, heard the noise, and said they'd fix it. Anyway to cut a long story short, when I drove down to Plantation for the holidays and went to Gunther, the conversation went something like "hey Larone you got a new Speed....", "yeah I need the flash, and all four bushings need changing, and the rear bumper is loose again"..."ok we'll fix it and have it ready this evening". Simple.

Anyway now I'm waiting on the radiator to arrive by UPS. I just checked the tracking # and it's on the way for delivery. By the way, you guys know anywhere that sells the Blitz DTT cheaper than Dynamic Turbo. Their price is $149. I found several web sites cheaper but I need it today so I have to buy it in person from a store. Thanks.

If you're still in the area look into Speed and Truck World on Sunrise, just east of 95... Not sure what they charge for that though. I think they've got a website. Also, you may want to try Murray's Speend and Custom. Go to www.murrayauto.com and call them. I know they've got a store in North Miami right off of 95 and in West Kendall. They might have one in Pompano, too, but I think North Miami will be a bit closer to you.

dynamic turbo = ripoff
when i wanted my intake (before i knew much about the MSP aftermarket) i was calling around for prices, called DT and they quoted me 300 uninstalled. next day i hit APEXR1.com and bought it for $199 + shipping, installed it in about 20 minutes

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and go with DT. Speed and Truck are out and would have to order it from Cali, and I tried Murry Auto's web site and it didn't even seem like they carried it. Oh well. It's been an expensive venture but I'm paying for it out of future earnings :). As BlkZoomZoom told me, you have to pay to play.

Back