I'm Confused - which sway bar brushings

:
2006 Mazda 6 - auto
Hi All,

I think I'm getting the dreaded clunk/squeak from my sway bar bushings (2006 M5 ~75,000 miles). I read all the postings and am more confused about the options. It appears that the swaybars are 23mm front, 20mm back, but some are using 19 mm on the back? Which is correct?

For the front, an Energy Suspension 9.5127 bushing will work with the current brackets?

For the back? an Energy Suspension 9.5124? I read some places that you need to use the new 2013 brackets if you use aftermarket parts?

I understand that using poly bushings should tighten up the suspension - any downside? should I expect higher road noise? If I read this http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspension-handling-stiffening/206293-bushings-rubber-vs-polyurethane.html it appears that oem would be quieter than poly?

Are new updated Oem bushings any good?

All comments are appreciated - actual part numbers used and installed greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Here are the specs for the sway bars.

kezr0z.jpg

I guess people who wanted to put greasable for the rear use the 3/4" 19.05mm one because 20mm ones are not available.

thanks for the chart, I saw it in a earlier posting, that's where I got the 23/20 mm measurements. I read up some more about poly vs rubber bushings. It appears the poly transmits more noise to the driver and needs to be lubed every several years otherwise they squeak. Are people finding this to be the case?

Looks like the oem rubber bushings would be a quieter, less maintenance fit.

Latest posts

Back