Which sway bar bushings should I get? Please help

I actually have a 2009 Mazda 5 but I know they are interchangeable so I posted this here in hopes I would get more responses. I picked up the car about a year ago and naturally it has the common clunking from the front end. After tons of research (TONS) I decided to first replace the sway bar bushings and the end links. I am a little confused as to which bushings I should go with though? I know some people use poly bushings but then I also hear they need routine maintenance and when they do make noises they are pretty loud. Are there other aftermarket bushing better than OEM? I know the job is going to be a pain already so I don't wanna have to do it again for a long time. Most threads I find are over 10 years old so it's hard to know what options I have for bushings. Thanks!

Stock is the only thing that won't clunk even worse. Sorry, I don't have a CX-5, but that was the case in my Mazdaspeed Protege. Urethane will not only clunk, but squeak too.
Mazda may have traded some NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) for better cornering. It sounds like your bushings lasted over 10 years which is actually pretty damn good.

Stock is the only thing that won't clunk even worse. Sorry, I don't have a CX-5, but that was the case in my Mazdaspeed Protege. Urethane will not only clunk, but squeak too.
Mazda may have traded some NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) for better cornering. It sounds like your bushings lasted over 10 years which is actually pretty damn good.
Thank you for the reply! It's actually a Mazda5 not the CX. I was considering purchasing Moog links and bushings based on a lot of research. I know there are performance parts but I don't need those. I would have just gone OEM for the links but when I was watching some YouTube videos about them I saw how tiny/puny the OEM ones are compared to the Moog ones. It's just my daily driver and I wanna try and fix up the suspension stuff a little because of the clunking.. but I'm also one of those "gotta try and get the best" people and drive myself nuts. Just don't wanna have to replace them in the next few years again. Wish I could find more info on this forum about OEM links vs Moog or other aftermarket ones.

Last edited:
How many miles on the struts? If you have the original struts and over 100k miles...they are the cause of your clunking.

Had clunking on both the 2010 mazda 5 and 2008 mazda 3 I bought and new KYB front struts with new upper OEM bearings fixed the clunking.

I did replace the sway bushing on only the 5...and I think I wasted money as they were tight and fine.

Back