Ideas for rear passenger lighting?

rweatherford

:
Mazda 5
I was wondering if anyone had any lighting ideas for the rear two seats. I have two children that sit back there all the time and would like them to be able to turn on a small light so they can see to read, etc.. I can't even turn on the main interior lights for them because I don't have a switch... That's another thread for another time. ;)

I'm thinking of modifying the rear panels and adding LED lights in the little pop out squares where the cargo cover would attach. I also need to install switches. I don't want to put the lights too high due to the side air bags and glare from the rear seating area which I don't like.

Any leads on anything like this? Adjustable lights would be cool.

What about a pair of Sylvania Dot-its?

sylvania-dot-it-video.jpg

I have an LED light plugged into the socket back there. Ran the wire behind the trim. It has a switch on the light... It pivots. My son uses it all the time. He's a big reader.

I'll go see if I can take a pic or two. I may have found it at Pep Boys, Checkers or Wal-Mart. LOL If I see another, I'll let you know.

It's a little yellow light... cylindrical in shape. The cord actually retracts into it.

AIMWO4 Where did you find your light? Brand?

Sounds like a possible solution.

Last edited:
Back