I Killed It!! :(

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well... im baaaaaaaaaaaccckkkkk

anyone else notice that for the last year or so the only thing that seems to bring me back to you guys is disaster... :(

anyway.... as much as that sux.. this is worse..

i finally did it... i finally killed my ******* car!

i got "pit maneuvered" by some ****** asshole in a ford explorer...

was on the freeway... speed limit... bout 65... this asshole tries to merge right into me (i was far left, not carpool.. but next to it).. so i see him out of the corner of my eye and kinda veer left, honk, and he just keeps ****** comin... taps my back right quarterpanel/wheel.. and sends me kinda fishtailing (back end to the left.. front end is headed to the right)... rather than get t-boned by a bunch of on coming traffic and starting a pile-up... i decided (i mean.. its not like i was THINKING, but my instincts were tellin me) throw it into the wall instead... its safer.. if im gonna hit, hit somethin stationary, and AWAY from fast moving freeway traffic... well anyway... i get clipped.. spin sideways, slide about 30ft and smack nose first into the dividing wall...
here are the results...

im too lazy to post the images in here.. but theyre on yahoo...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ma...&.view=t&.done=http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

so.. hows everyone else doin? long time no speak... ;)

thats what i was going to ask... did the explorer stop atleast?
glad your ok at least

It doesnt look that bad.. I thought the worst when you said put it in the wall. So are you gonna fix it?? the other guys insurance gonna fix it??? (if he even stopped) I would have kicked his ass if it was me. I had 2 accidents with dumb ass drivers. And I had to chase one guy down cause he tried to leave the scene.

Make the MP3 great again, we gotta stop the destruction of this limited edition cars we all own. Someone invent a force field that we can put around our cars(hmm)

Pete

(mp3blue) #478

With the more cars distroyed, your cars are actually becoming more limited...too bad there is still no real demand for them :(

nope.. he didnt stop.. and by the time i stopped drifting sideways... it was too late to grab his plates... since he just dipped back into the lane he came from (im assuming) and took off... one guy was nice enough to stop and let me call CHP... but... and i swear to you i dont just say this because it happened to me... but... had i seen that, I would have been right on the guys ass getting his plate #s and then got off the freeway and came back... but hey... this s*** happens all the time in LA... so.. ehh..

and ya, i know its not that bad... but the frame around the headlight is pretty ******... and the radiator is bent inward, as well as the hood not opening... the ****** up part is.. my inside corner light still blinks when i hit my alarm :( (taunting me)... and i cant get the hood up either..

one thing i think im lucky about is that we have that HUGE gap right where our intake piping (or stock air box) go... thats the area that took the brunt of the damage... from what i can tell, the frame around the wheel well is ok, its just that front right corner thats pretty smashed in... the back where i was clipped looks like just cosmetic damage.. but the wheel seems a tad bent.. almost not noticable, and i might just be being paranoid... but anyway... unfortunately i just re-instated my insurance, and i only got liability, cuz it was all i felt i "needed" to pay... "oh, i'll never get hit.. this is just so i can drive legally".... HA! who wants to bet im gettin full coverage on everything i drive from now on.. even if its a ****** skateboard

oh yah, and the update.. i get to putt around in a nice '85 accord "special edition" LOL.... so atleast im still special ed... (wink).. lol

anyway... thx for the support

(HEY MOOSE! :) )

It always seems to me that when something like this happens, it's always some dumb ass in a Ford Explorer.:wtf:
What is up with these stupid people in Fords!?!

Glad to here you are o.k.

P.S. **** FORDS!!!!!

I've seen a lot of people flip their Explorers.

Not unlike Proteges.

Good luck with insurance man, I have a feeling it will be a s*** storm. Hopefully you can get them to fix your car.

wouldn't the uninshured/underinshured clause have them fix your car for you? After all, if the police report shows a hit and run, I think your insurance company would have to fix it anyway- just my .02

how much is your deductible? Sends chills down my spine to see that to a protege(boom08)

well heres the deal.... im a ****** idiot... i didnt think of that whole unisured driver thingy when this happened... basically.. i think HP didnt wanna take the effort to write a report... because i told them that i only had liability and how much it sucked that the car probably wasnt gonna get fixed by ins.. so he told me... "well what we'll do is we wont write a report, cuz that way it wont go to DMV and your insurance".. yadda yadda yadda... blah blah blah... so i thought i was gettin like.. a cool favor or whatever by not having a report, cuz my insurance wouldnt go up... but now i realize how stupid that was...

but check it out... its easily under $1,000 for the body work... including the frame being stretched back into place where applicable.. no paint.. but atleast most of the work should be done for 1,000.. and then it should still be under 1,000 for the mechanical work.. so im only lookin at about 2,000... and since im currently stayin with mom, and dont have rent to pay.. i should be able to get the "mp3 relief fund" up to 2 grand in a month or two max

anyway... thx for all the support folks.. i havent talked to most of u in forever, and yet... i havent been shunned :-D

-Mark

oh and btw.. i swear to you on *insert something important here* that after this.... since im keeping that honda.. the MP3 isn't gonna go through anything like this EVER again.. i mean.. that thing is gonna be like a ferarri that some rich d00d only takes out to the movies on a sat night.. im NEVER drivin that thing.. ;) well i shouldnt say that.. imght still take it to the track.. but its definitely NOT gonna be a daily driver... i dont trust anyone else on the road.. especially here in LA...

so... update...

as a slap in the face.. today on my way to work, in my lovely new beater (pics to come shortly) i get stuck behind an MSP on the freeway... :-/

Back