At shop and looks like I need rear brakes for the CX-5, recommendations?

If the independent mechanic says he does, that's probably true. Make sure he knows how to get the rear brakes into service mode if you have the electric e-brake.
I do have an e-brake and seems I remember him saying something about that. I need to get clear what the depth of the pads actually are. One thing he mentioned before I left was he wasn't exactly sure where I was at as he didn't measure them. Since I had him do the oil service he did an inspection. Point here is he mentioned there was a small lip on the rotor and at the angle it was hard to tell with the depth was of the brake pads.

I do have an e-brake and seems I remember him saying something about that. I need to get clear what the depth of the pads actually are. One thing he mentioned before I left was he wasn't exactly sure where I was at as he didn't measure them. Since I had him do the oil service he did an inspection. Point here is he mentioned there was a small lip on the rotor and at the angle it was hard to tell with the depth was of the brake pads.
Rotors are inexpensive. I would just replace them and not think about it again.

I like the Powerstop plain rotors with the Z23 brake pads that don't come in a kit together.

You might order these, the rotors I have and they are holding up great. Those come with the cheaper pads. $112

These are the pads I got, and I'm also happy with them. $50 : https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
But are they dust-free, or low dust? Marketing unclear.

1000018541.jpg

They have always struck me as oem equivalent, which is pretty good. The 16s and 17s that is.

Back