I finally did it too!!

Checked with Mazda to confirm. Still on track for Nov 19 to NJ off the ship. looks like the 1st week in Dec at the dealer. Got to order the snows once I'm sure it's in NJ.

Can't think of anything else.

Checked with Mazda to confirm. Still on track for Nov 19 to NJ off the ship. looks like the 1st week in Dec at the dealer. Got to order the snows once I'm sure it's in NJ.

Can't think of anything else.
(2thumbs)

May drive down to NJ and get it then!! I can't wait!!

Wow....a lot sooner than you originally thought. As for home delivery, I can pick it up the 19th and drive it up for you! (drive2) No, really I don't mind! :)

Got a call from the dealer yesterday. Car arrived on te 19th. No date yet for delivery to the dealer. It is waiting for a truck assignment. he will call me when that happens. Thanks for the offer Jeff but NO.

Got back from our trip to Ontario yesterday. Covered almost 1600 miles. 3 Universities, visited 2 sisters. Ran into torrential rains and 4 inches of snow, traffic jams, but the car held together well.

Yes, I read the same review. But no worries, the menu system is very easy. A lot of menu choices, take the time to read the manual, not well written in my opinion, but it helps sort out how things work. I find CNET's reviews on interfaces is not the best. If you can use the start menu in XP, you will be fine.

Yea, that looks plenty easy to use. CNET has very off reviews on a lot of thing, and are biased towards anything Apple. lol Nice choice and great deal on eBay! eBay is definetly the place to shop.

Nice to see the car get done early. Doesn't it feel weird knowing that it's just sitting in New Jersey right now, doing nothing? lol

Ok, looking at getting the 3m clear bra or whatever it's called on the Miata. Dealer is quoting me 645 for the bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, and headlights. Good deal?

Oleg, any better deals?

Not worth it. You can repaint the front of the car in 3 years for that price. Its more a pain than anything else...and if I had a nickle for every time someone told me my car was scratched...

Bruce, that price sounds fine. A benefit of having it done at the dealer is that you can scrutinize it before picking the car up/signing it over.

Latest 3M Clear Bra is better than what I have now, but consider going to someone who also carries VentureShield, which is thicker and has less orange peel (visible surface texture). Previous generations of VentureShield did not have clearcoat and so things would start looking sour if you didn't regularly wax the car. The latest generation does have clearcoat, so I would go for VentureShield these days.

Try Protection Plus in Shrewsbury, MA. http://protectpaint.com/ I had good luck w/ the guy that installed 3M Clearbra on my front lower lip, he did a much higher quality job than the guy that did my original full install. I'm sure you can call them for a quote.

Not worth it. You can repaint the front of the car in 3 years for that price. Its more a pain than anything else...and if I had a nickle for every time someone told me my car was scratched...

Thanks Chris, but I would like to protect the original paint. Repaints never seem to be as good. Also for the mileage I put on, my current ride is pitted badly.

Bruce, that price sounds fine. A benefit of having it done at the dealer is that you can scrutinize it before picking the car up/signing it over.

Latest 3M Clear Bra is better than what I have now, but consider going to someone who also carries VentureShield, which is thicker and has less orange peel (visible surface texture). Previous generations of VentureShield did not have clearcoat and so things would start looking sour if you didn't regularly wax the car. The latest generation does have clearcoat, so I would go for VentureShield these days.

Try Protection Plus in Shrewsbury, MA. http://protectpaint.com/ I had good luck w/ the guy that installed 3M Clearbra on my front lower lip, he did a much higher quality job than the guy that did my original full install. I'm sure you can call them for a quote.

Thanks Oleg, I will give them a call.

heres one that might work bruce?
1177549957.jpg

Thanks Chris, but I would like to protect the original paint. Repaints never seem to be as good. Also for the mileage I put on, my current ride is pitted badly.
Chris makes a good point, but I'm torn about this. On one hand, the clear bra doesn't have the same shine and what not. And it itself is fairly pitted now, so when exposed to a bright light shining at it, you can see the pitting. But on the other hand, the paint underneath is saved, so when there's no direct bright light (i.e. almost all of the time), you retain full color of the panel. The clear bra also saved me from some paint being scraped off when someone brushed my bumper in a city parallel parking situation (you can see some stretch marks under bright direct light, but otherwise you can't).

Well, the paint is saved...but should you ever remove the bra I'm sure there will be discoloration. I don't know, I just don't think its worth the price. If it were maybe $200-300 I'd say go for it without a question....but then again, you do way more highway driving than me.

All good arguments but I'm still going ahead with it. I understand your point Chris, but a complete paint job of the front would probably run the same as the 3M job, plus the time the car would be in the shop. And I'm still not convinced that paint job would be good as OEM. The Protection Plus is warrantied for life. Besides I'm not as critical as you guys when it comes to looks for the paint. I'm just tired of having a pitted front.

I called Protection + and spoke to Dave who was very helpful. He said the stuff they use has been purchased by 3M and is being sold by them under another name under 3M. I forget the name right now. I think the dealer is using the same stuff but will confirm tomorrow. If they are, the dealer is $10 cheaper than Protection Plus.

Back