I finally did it too!!

How about this one?

Attachments

• Hat3.jpg
    Hat3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 554
reliving the golden dayz I suppose. I don't think I could handle those two stoned...they're a riot when they're sober!

....can't believe i missed this one!!!!

i know you have been talking about geting a miata the past bunch of time i have seen you......

i am jealous and can't wait to see her. will be some nice ride for late winter/early spring!

-R

....can't believe i missed this one!!!!

i know you have been talking about geting a miata the past bunch of time i have seen you......

i am jealous and can't wait to see her. will be some nice ride for late winter/early spring!

-R

Oh yeah, i'm pumped but won't show till January.

Tell me what you think of this bad boy. I have been contiplating doing this to the P5 ever since my dad wanted to put it in his FJ Cruiser. Care to give up a write up on it?

Sure. I am no audiophile but it works great.

Was a pretty easy swap, Pulled the old one and added the metal box to the dash, added the wiring harness, (place I bought it from included it).

The unit is fantastic. Has RCA jacks for Audio and Video in. I bought a RCA to mini jack converter to run my MP3 player for my audio books. It has a USB jack, so I got an 8 gig stick and loaded up by WMA's and MP3's on that.

Has a very nice builtin Garmin GPS, if you are getting directions it mutes whatever is playing to announce the turns.

The only issue with the install is there are so many wires in the back it is hard to get it seated properly.

It has options for a reverse camera, bluetooth phone, and IPod controller. I did not get any of those.
Retails for 1400 from Crutchfield and I got it off eBay for 1000.

(rofl)

Well, it's an early Xmas present.

Sales guy called me today and said the car was built and is on the boat!!

Gave me the VIN,

Looks like Mid Dec.

you can't open your christmas presents early. Your mom has to hide it in the attic until christmas day!

you can't open your christmas presents early. Your mom has to hide it in the attic until christmas day!

LOL what Mom don't know won't hurt her.

Went online with MazdaUsa and asked the rep to check status. Delivery in NJ is for Nov 19, 1 to 2 weeks after that to the dealer.

Maybe beginning of Dec. Wahoo!!

Sure. I am no audiophile but it works great.

Was a pretty easy swap, Pulled the old one and added the metal box to the dash, added the wiring harness, (place I bought it from included it).

The unit is fantastic. Has RCA jacks for Audio and Video in. I bought a RCA to mini jack converter to run my MP3 player for my audio books. It has a USB jack, so I got an 8 gig stick and loaded up by WMA's and MP3's on that.

Has a very nice builtin Garmin GPS, if you are getting directions it mutes whatever is playing to announce the turns.

The only issue with the install is there are so many wires in the back it is hard to get it seated properly.

It has options for a reverse camera, bluetooth phone, and IPod controller. I did not get any of those.
Retails for 1400 from Crutchfield and I got it off eBay for 1000.

Thanks for this, any complaints besides this? I saw a review on CNET and they stated that it was an awkward screen and that the menu's on the right had side were awkward as well. They did not state what they were and are hard to use at times. They liked the GPS though, and since I have a Garmin GPS I like that ;) I am thinking of doing this and then adding a sub and amp in the trunk. I think thats all the P5 is missing right now besides a set of summer wheels.

Thanks for this, any complaints besides this? I saw a review on CNET and they stated that it was an awkward screen and that the menu's on the right had side were awkward as well. They did not state what they were and are hard to use at times. They liked the GPS though, and since I have a Garmin GPS I like that ;) I am thinking of doing this and then adding a sub and amp in the trunk. I think thats all the P5 is missing right now besides a set of summer wheels.

Yes, I read the same review. But no worries, the menu system is very easy. A lot of menu choices, take the time to read the manual, not well written in my opinion, but it helps sort out how things work. I find CNET's reviews on interfaces is not the best. If you can use the start menu in XP, you will be fine.

Back