i-activesense recalibration

MJLyco

:
Mazda, CX-5 AWD GT
I'm sorry if this was talked about before but I didn't see anything in my search.

I have a 2016.5 CX-5 GT with i-activesense (~2.5k miles). So the full suite of sensors behind the windshield.
A merc kicked up a rock and cracked the windshield and when Safelite tried to repair it, it spread. Great.
They're going to replace it with OEM glass but will the sensors need to be recalibrated?

BTW :rant alert: I'm the guy that posted about his 2016 CX-5 (~3k miles) having an oil leak from mile zero. I had that lemon replaced with the 2016.5 and now this. I have great luck with cars. :p

Thanks

Last edited:
Lucky boy.
It shouldn't need any recalibration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently had my windshield replaced on my 2016 with I-activesense and the neither the glass company or the dealership where the work was down made any mention of recalibration. I know the rain sensing wipers work as does the radar cruise control. I haven't had an instance where any of the braking systems would need to kick in but I'm assuming they are all working.

Well, they must do, but usually they don't. Every mm of placement makes difference. It surely will work. But keep in mind it's a safety feature, it must work ideally.

Well, they must do, but usually they don't. Every mm of placement makes difference. It surely will work. But keep in mind it's a safety feature, it must work ideally.
You're absolutely correct! Those infrared sensor, laser sensor, and camera for Tech and iActivSense packages do need at least to get verified or even recalibrated after the windshield replacement. The service manual said it too in the windshield replacement section! But unfortunately the procedures are sophisticated and equipments are unavailable at Mazda dealers, nobody actually can do the job! I had our windshield replaced earlier this year and I only have Tech package, I'd been tring to get those sensors either verified or recalibrated according to service manual by glass shop or my Mazda dealer, but unfortunately none of them could handle the job! And my dealer simply dismissed the request and said the procedures are not necessary!

OP, I can feel your pain but this could be a learning lesson that never driving near or behind big trucks just trying to have less chance to break the windshield. Of course the skill of windshield crack repair is important too and I believe the technician of that Safelite apparently did a poor job which ruined your very expensive windshield! I had windshield crack repair before with a reputable local guy and I saw him drilled and torched the windshield during the repair process without letting the crack lines spreading! Yeah sometimes we do have endless bad luck at certain area, like my stock investment, and we really can't do anything about it! :)

OP, I can feel your pain but this could be a learning lesson that never driving near or behind big trucks just trying to have less chance to break the windshield.

What's so odd about this is there was nobody in front of me. I was in the left lane, there was a sedan in the right lane. I was passing the sedan and right when I was about in his blind spot he somehow kicked a rock sideways into my windshield. I was going about 45 he was going about 40. There was no oncoming traffic. The only other explanation would be micro meteorite. lol Either way its just really bad luck.

I called Mazda to see if it needed calibration and they said they would get back to me. They haven't yet.

Back