How To: Wire Interior Neons

finally got pics.

finally got the pics of the lights on. looks awesome. thanks for everyone who helped me out.

Attachments

• jj 032.JPG
    jj 032.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 282
  • jj 035.JPG
    jj 035.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 249
  • jj 036.JPG
    jj 036.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 253
how did u do that, cause thats a good idea. obviously its not the same thing for my car, but similar.

its an 86 mitsubishi mighty max. you use the ground wire, just make sure its a big enough guage for how many neons you use. when the door opens, the ground is connected, completing the circuit. i dont know of the newer cars, ive got a msp but havent looked if its the same.

i bought a power distribution block from pepboys, tried bringing in a power line from the car battery. All the fuses were in line and correct but the freakin power distributor wouldnt DISTRIBUTE lol I spent like 2 days trying to get it to work
Finally I just called it quits and bought an add-a-line fuse adapter. Hooked up the on off switch and spliced in the neons for power. Finally works.

I suggest saving your wiring from the battery for amps that actually need that much power...
thats just me tho

yea true.. its not too difficult.. once u have one wire going from the battery through the firewall, its easy to jsut slide in a few more... i would like to have it hooked up to the car so it turns on when i start, but then again.. i cant keep it on for show or something.. so it has its goods and bads.

i wired mine throught the a pillar and under the headliner and hooked it up to the dome light switch so when you open the door my neons come on looks so nice

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but someone in here mentioned that they wired it to one of the light switches on the ceiling. Can anybody provide any insight on how to get this accomplished?

Edit: I'm in a Mazda3

I just did this to my P5. Using LED lights from www.ledunderglow.com and they're awesome! I disconnected my fogs from the fog switch and taped together the two wires that turn them on, so they're always on. Then I replaced those wires with a power wire coming from the fuse box and another wire going to the LED kit. Works like a charm.

There are a few weird things though. My fog lights stay on when I turn on my brights, and so do my low beams. Also, if I have my LED's off, but turn my lights on, they go on at about 10%. Enough to see the footwells, but not enough for any sort of effect or anything, which I think is pretty nice.

Back