how to tell if chipped

So I just got my new p5 and its time to fill her up andi just want to knw if theres a way to tell cause I heard that if you don't put premuim in it will cause engine knock

So I just got my new p5 and its time to fill her up andi just want to knw if theres a way to tell cause I heard that if you don't put premuim in it will cause engine knock

it won't cause knock using reg gas....

for the p5 putting anything higher might give ya a lil better running, unless you are lucky and the previous owner installed a mp3 ecu you won't get anything

Ok cool thanks for the help. And is there a way to tell if I am chipped. I heard it gives about 3-4 more horsepower but anything else

Ok cool thanks for the help. And is there a way to tell if I am chipped. I heard it gives about 3-4 more horsepower but anything else

chipped....don't really work to well on our ecus from everyones feedback...

the only thing doable on an na p5 is the mp3 ecu swap, and for that just pull it out and check the part number.....

if there is anything aftermarket you would see other wires tapped down there or a box or 2

btw, it's on the passenger floor in the right corner

chipped....don't really work to well on our ecus from everyones feedback...

the only thing doable on an na p5 is the mp3 ecu swap, and for that just pull it out and check the part number.....

if there is anything aftermarket you would see other wires tapped down there or a box or 2

btw, it's on the passenger floor in the right corner

oh thats what i ment. my bad for the cunfusion.

If you pull up the carpet on the passenger side there is a little hole under where the passenger's feet would sit. If you see any part of XCF2 then you have an mp3 ecu. Keeps you from having to dig the whole thing out.

What is engine knocking?

Its when the little man inside the engine that turns the crank starts getting arthritis so he knocks on the oil pan.

Just kidding, people consider engine knocking any abnormal noise coming from the engine, usually from using "bad gas" Every car is different, but it is what its called, a knocking noise coming from the engine compartment

Back