How to Set Up Sirius Presets in CX-5?

gswinters

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Hello all, I've got a beautiful new 2015 CX-5 Touring in which I've just activated a Sirius subscription (3 month free trial + 1 year = good deal!) With all those channels available, there must be a way to set up presets, but I am baffled. I did get on the phone with Sirius tech support, and they said there should be six "numbers" on the left side of the screen to select the presets (tune to desired channel, then hold down the preset button to save it), but I don't have any numbers on the left side like there are for AM/FM stations. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks in advance for your help.

You have to exit the channel selection menu, the one where all of the channels are listed. Then on the main screen where it says sirius 1,2, or 3 you should see 6 blank presets, I think they are defaulted to the trial channel if I remember correctly, just find the channel you want and replace the default presets, by holding the preset you want to put the channel on.

There are no numbers that indicate the preset number, just the channel number.

Hopefully this helps.

Also another tip as I use sirius 99% of the time I am in the car. The wheel control when pressed quickly will shift between presets only on one page of the presets, either sirius 1, 2, or 3. If you want to move progression-ally between channels, 44,45,46, etc. hold the seek button for slightly longer until the channel changes. You cannot change between the different pages for some reason.

It is in the manual. Locate the channel you want and hold down one of the 6 buttons on the left side of the screen until you hear the beep sound. Currently, the 6 channels are set to channel 183.

Back