How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

you have to split the headlight to do any of the retrofits, splitting the headlights is not the hard part.. making the 2 lights line up properly and fit properly is the hard part.
Isn't that going to be just shimming the back side to get them to line up? That may take a while but it's not something that if you do it wrong it's ******. Just add or remove shims.
Now those kits do they come with the cover that goes around the projector?

depends what retrofit your doing. if your doing the minis they come with all the adapters needed and the shrouds needed. if your doing a true retrofit and having to cut and drill your reflector bowl you could end up with crooked projectors and the holes would already be drilled. lining up the projector lines IMO is one of the hardest parts, if you dont care and only want to have the projectors for better lighting its fine. But i needed the crisp lines that the projectors can give you, plus the added lighting.

Sure those are an option if you were wanting to do the traditional retrofit route which will require cutting up the headlight reflectors and mounting the projectors yourself

They're not GREAT projectors but they'll be better than stock that's for sure!

and if your ballasts are working fine, yup, you'd just need D2S bulbs

I have a set of super blue D2S i picked up cheap if you want the blue lights

Sure those are an option if you were wanting to do the traditional retrofit route which will require cutting up the headlight reflectors and mounting the projectors yourself

They're not GREAT projectors but they'll be better than stock that's for sure!

and if your ballasts are working fine, yup, you'd just need D2S bulbs

I have a set of super blue D2S i picked up cheap if you want the blue lights

yea i know anything ebay isnt great haha but they didnt look terrible.

i havent picked those up yet but they are an option.. id love to buy a set of stock headlights for super cheap in case i mess up lol

how much on the bulbs?

Hey guys I have a little question concerning the wiring in my Protege5.
I have one wire on the relay that I don't know where to plug it.
I read that I have to plug in the old light output wire put it doesn't fit.
02192012847.JPG
02192012848.JPG
02192012849.JPG

Thanks

hmm....which harness did you buy? I'm guessing you either ordered the wrong connector harness or they shipped you the wrong one

They have all the different connectors available. Worst case, you have to make little jumpers using spade connectors to plug into your stock wiring. Best case, you verify which harness you bought and see if TRS shipped the right one

Hello guys,
I don't know if this forum page is still alive but I'll try posting my question anyway!
I just installed my HID kit with harness and everything but I have DRL, and when I don't open my lights, my HID flickers..
Is there anything to fix that? The only way I found is to open my light..

Opening them every time even when it's super bright outside is kinda annoying..

Thanks!

Hello guys,
I don't know if this forum page is still alive but I'll try posting my question anyway!
I just installed my HID kit with harness and everything but I have DRL, and when I don't open my lights, my HID flickers..
Is there anything to fix that? The only way I found is to open my light..

Opening them every time even when it's super bright outside is kinda annoying..

Thanks!

there is a DRL box under the day that you can remove and it will disable them, or you can run a relay and keep you DRL

Disable the DRL?

all Canadian cars have Day time running lights as part of our headlights.

First time to post here. Hope this topic is still alive. Need advice/help with my current HID set-up. Want to install TRS projectors but don't know which one to get, TRS has 2 mini projectors available. I already have an existing HID upgrade kit I bought back in 2008 - H7 35W 8000K HID Kit by RikenSport. I know I will need to pull apart my headlights to fit the TRS projectors. Thanks to anyone who can help me before I do this project.

Last edited:
First time to post here. Hope this topic is still alive. Need advice/help with my current HID set-up. Want to install TRS projectors but don't know which one to get, TRS has 2 mini projectors available. I already have an existing HID upgrade kit I bought back in 2008 - H7 35W 8000K HID Kit by RikenSport. I know I will need to pull apart my headlights to fit the TRS projectors. Thanks to anyone who can help me before I do this project.

Go with the Mini H1's, they are the easiest to work with since no cutting drilling is involved. As far as the lights go, since you already have a hid kit, you would just need the H1 bulbs.

Go with the Mini H1's, they are the easiest to work with since no cutting drilling is involved. As far as the lights go, since you already have a hid kit, you would just need the H1 bulbs.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

And go with 4300 - 5000K bulbs. You'll get that purple hue from the color band that the projectors create.

Back