How To: Retrofit HID projectors into P5 headlights

Wow, nice thread!! Funny how I just PM'd you about these and you just made the thread a couple hours ago lol. Good info though, and damn good prices as well. I think I may dive in and tackle this while the MP3 is in storage.. I just need a set of P5 headlights to work with :)

Great write-up and nice work on the retrofit- it looks sick! I just contacted TRS about getting my car hooked up with this HID retro kit!

How did you wire up the high beam switch to the cutoff shield wiring? Just by using the stock high beam bulb's plug wiring?

Sorry, I forgot to specify about that. I bought two 9005 male connectors:

9005_male_wm.jpg

Then spliced them into the two wires coming from the projector and it directly plugs up to the factory high beam plug looking clean and OEM.

Nice!

I was thinking about doing the same thing except with the P5 headlights instead of the sedan ones. Projector lows and reflector highs.

Why not go with sedan headlights so you don't have an extra reflector? Looks kind of silly to me to have the high beam reflector there and not being used...

Doesnt look like its blinding anyone and thats with a 55w kit? The only thing holding the shrouds in place is double sided tape? Any vids on the low to high beam switch?

Last edited:
Yes sir, 55w kit. You can see how sharp the cutoff is, absolutely NO light above the cutoff. I'll get a driving video soon.

Back