How to MS3 Catch Can Install with tons of pics.

JimmyMac, I have a question. After installing your catch can you have not had any issues on blowing white smoke at idle through your exhaust pipe?

*Did you even have that issue from the beginning?

I believe there was another thread mentioning about the smoke at idle being eliminated by the installation of the catch can!

I have to wait for my local dealer to get in the OEM PCV. However, I am in need to install the catch can today. I can still use the cheap Auto Zone PCV until I get the OEM tomorrow, right?

PM sent. Correct. You can use the AZ one while you wait.

I did my catch can install after I installed my GT28 turbo. So no smokng issues to start with. It's there to help keep my intake clean.

I did smoke a lot before the turbo install. However, a catch can would not of helped me out in that situation. My turbo seals were bad. Oil was leaking out of the both the compressor side and turbine side. My factory cat was the only thing hiding this problem.

The WOT box is my piece of mind for my transmission. Ever since I started driving this car, I lost my confidence with shifting real fast. Often I would grind 2nd or 3rd gear. Not good. Never really had that problem with other cars in the past. Just this one. But with the WOT box, I've never missed a shift. The shifting is soo smooth and easy with it! Makes life that must easier for me. So I consider it a tranny saver. So WOT getting out of a turn.... heel toe going into one... :D

PM sent. Correct. You can use the AZ one while you wait.

I did my catch can install after I installed my GT28 turbo. So no smokng issues to start with. It's there to help keep my intake clean.

I did smoke a lot before the turbo install. However, a catch can would not of helped me out in that situation. My turbo seals were bad. Oil was leaking out of the both the compressor side and turbine side. My factory cat was the only thing hiding this problem.

The WOT box is my piece of mind for my transmission. Ever since I started driving this car, I lost my confidence with shifting real fast. Often I would grind 2nd or 3rd gear. Not good. Never really had that problem with other cars in the past. Just this one. But with the WOT box, I've never missed a shift. The shifting is soo smooth and easy with it! Makes life that must easier for me. So I consider it a tranny saver. So WOT getting out of a turn.... heel toe going into one... :D

I see. Well I am glad it has worked out for you now. I will have the install of the OEM PCV done by Saturday. So, I will wait until then so that I can save myself double work.

If the car is cooled down, it should only take about 10 minutes to swap out the Autozone PCV with the OEM PCV.

Let us know how the install went.

If the car is cooled down, it should only take about 10 minutes to swap out the Autozone PCV with the OEM PCV.

Let us know how the install went.

Well, I am finished with my install of the catch can. It was a pain to install the hose to the PCV valve, but the rest was a piece of cake. I thank you JimmyMac for the write up. It was very helpful and very well detailed.

Well, I am finished with my install of the catch can. It was a pain to install the hose to the PCV valve, but the rest was a piece of cake. I thank you JimmyMac for the write up. It was very helpful and very well detailed.

not that you've done yours, you can come and do mine for me :D

Good to hear you got it done. Post up once you decide to drain it. I am curious what comes out of your OCC. Take a pic if you can. Thanks...

Good to hear you got it done. Post up once you decide to drain it. I am curious what comes out of your OCC. Take a pic if you can. Thanks...

Sure. Right now my turbo seals are shot, so I am waiting to get the K04 reworked to install and have it running again. I will post up pics later.

How long did it take all of you guys to install it? I got mine from Greddy and I just want to know how long it takes before I begin so I can brace myself for whatever amount of time it takes.

I was being lazy and installed my greddy catch can without the pcv valve and I got a cel And still continue to smoke. I'm goinng to pick up the pcv valve from the dealership sometime this week and start installing the way I was supposedto on the weekend but how bad would it be if I run my car like how it's set up for a week? Am I damaging my car in the least? I drive 90 miles to and from school but since I carpool I only have to drive two or three times in a week. I have noticed that my hose gets crushed under the vacuum but opens up whenever I step on the throttle. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The crushed hose is probably a result of not having the PCV in there. Since you have a cell I would assume that driving for extended periods of time is not a good idea at all.

If I can't reach the original PCV that's already in my car because my hands are too big, would it be the same if I get another PCV valve and attach it to the first one via a hose? That'll connect into the catch can, which will in turn connect to yet another PCV valve and connect back into the nipple on the intake manifold. Works or no?

so your saying the whole system will have 3 PCV valves? If thats the case I can't see why it wouldn't work. Just make sure they are all oriented the right way.

It would be two PCVs if my hands were small enough for me to reach in there without having skin shaved off all sides. I think an additional $15 is worth it to save myself some pain, bleeding, time, and frustration. I ordered the two PCVs from the dealership today and they said it'll take a few days to get there. Hopefully, I get them by Friday so I can start and finish during the weekend. I'm gonna be looking forward to another long, angry weekend where everyone's either getting in my way or asking stupid questions while i work.

Back