How-To: LED Interior / Reverse / Licence plate lights

I want to replace some of the LEDs in the dash the ones that are red.
But I don't want to replace all the red ones just the round parts and the volume bar anyone done this or know anything about it?

I want to replace some of the LEDs in the dash the ones that are red.
But I don't want to replace all the red ones just the round parts and the volume bar anyone done this or know anything about it?

If you don't know how to solder, I probably wouldn't even mess with it. You have to remove the dash unit itself and then go to work by unsoldering and re-soldering on the new leds onto the circuit board.

I tried to get some handheld pictures at 1600iso but its not working out. I'll have pictures up if anyone wants to see them (all white leds).

If you don't know how to solder, I probably wouldn't even mess with it. You have to remove the dash unit itself and then go to work by unsoldering and re-soldering on the new leds onto the circuit board.

I found out how to do it ( http://**********************/index.php?topic=31367.0 ) It does look laboring but my father and brother in law will enjoy a reason to get to solder and I'll get labor for free. I really think the look would be worth it.

h t t p : / / w w w . m a z d a 3 f o r u m s . c o m / i n d e x . p h p ? t o p i c = 3 1 3 6 7 . 0

Without the spaces of course.

I just got my LED's in and I was replacing the dome/trunk light first. I s*** you not, my fat fingers just lost the light for the trunk through a tiny hole that sits below the connectors!! Anyone know if there is a way to retrieve this, I can't see to find an opening anywhere.

So.. I got the Dome light, glove box, map lights, and lisence plate lights all done (damn you trunk light hole!). I'll take pictures tonight and post them.

Sooo....yeah. I can't seem to get a good picture representation of how it actually looks with the lights on, any tips on how to go about it. I love the way it looks, wife hates it ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 408
Sooo....yeah. I can't seem to get a good picture representation of how it actually looks with the lights on, any tips on how to go about it. I love the way it looks, wife hates it ;)

your best bet is a tripod, longer shutter speed and the biggest F stop you can do. Excited to see someone that went away from the traditional white.

i have the white in the map and blue in the dome.
i ****** up my cargo light when taking the cover off

bring it over when we install the etstpipes, we'll get kit fixed! You ever get the bul;b out and have the hyper blinker thing? I still havent put thos euin maybe we can do them at the same time the testpipes go in. I also wouldnt mind debadging and blacking out the emblems if you have some leftover black paint!

Got my shipping conformation, my LED's were shipped out today. Man I get way too excited about things for this car, just got my tints done today too

Got my shipping conformation, my LED's were shipped out today. Man I get way too excited about things for this car, just got my tints done today too

If you got them from Superbrightleds.com, you might have a bit of a wait still. Mine got shipped out on the 24th and I didn't get them till the 31st (one week).

If you got them from Superbrightleds.com, you might have a bit of a wait still. Mine got shipped out on the 24th and I didn't get them till the 31st (one week).

probably if you are in florida. If I remember correctly I think they were in southern california because I got my LEDs in 2 days. But I could be wrong on the location.

MORE pics tho! I'd like to see the different colors people are using out there

Yeah, like UHATEIT I got my LEDs in 2 days (I live in NorCal). I have to say, with my LED tails and white LED license plate lights... I literally have to clean my pants up every time I take a look at the back end of my car. Its just pure sex at night like I don't even know how to explain it.

What I did to make sure the trunk light didn't fall through (after hearing the stories here) I just put a piece of masking tape over the hole and then popped the bad boy out.

I'll have pictures of the white lights tomorrow night. I will be a bit too intoxicated tonight to do anything (4 of my friends just had birthdays literally back 2 back 2 back 2 back its about to be a wallet emptying and liver damaging weekend)

Back