How to get your hands on some projector headlights

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
Okay, so awhile back I posted that I had ordered a projector headlight from the UK. Well, the seller never actually shipped it to me and I ended up getting a refund on that. I have, however, discovered that looking across the Pacific may be a better option. In Japan the big auction site is Yahoo! auctions, instead of eBay. Now, a lot of sellers, if not most, won't ship overseas. On top of that, the website is in Japanese. Fortunately, there is a website called jauce.com. This website allows you to deposit some Yen (using PayPal coversion rates, of course) with which you may bid on auction items (or buy stuff on other Japanese online stores). The site is in English and uses Google Translate to help you with what a seller posts. You bid on items using the funds you've loaded into your account. If you win a bid then you are charged a few fees, including domestic shipping. The sellers ship the items to a jauce.com warehouse where they will hold it for you until all your items arrive. At that point you can then order a shipment. Multiple items can be combined for a small repackaging fee, which will likely save you on shipping costs.

I just got notice that my headlights are ready to ship. I just had to zero out my account and they should ship it pretty soon. I'm not sure just how long it will take to get to me, but I'll update. As of now, with all the bidding prices on the lights, the jauce.com fees, the domestic shipping fees, the PayPal exchange fees, and now the international shipping fees, I am up to $458.58. I'm guessing I'm going to get dinged again with customs when it gets in the country. And just so you know, I picked up one light for 12,000 yen and the other for 8,027 (currently the dollar is worth about 100 yen).

Just wanted to share this information in case anybody else was wanting to get these or some other item not available in the US/Canada market. I'll update this post when they arrive to give my final impressions.

Wow, about 20k yen for a pair of headlights isn't bad at all...I've seen a few Japanese sellers on eBay with headlights, but they want $250-300 each, or more. I'm gonna have to keep this all in mind if I decide to go projectors.

The bummer with having a pair of 2's, though, is that I can't just mod one lol.

Fair enough.

IMG_20131227_143732.jpg

Awesome!!!! Are they on yet? Looking forward to seeing those on a USDM 2...

It really is Christmas!!! lol.. man if those look as slick as i think they will and go install goes off without a hitch this will supercede my body kit in build plans.

I'm holding off a little bit on this. Not sure exactly when I'll get to it. I need to figure out exactly what I want to do, first. I'm not decided yet on whether I'm going to go all out like Font did or something simpler. I do know that I'll at least need to swap the low beam shields (they drive on the other side of the road in Japan), and I'll have to rewire the headlight cable from an H4 into two H7's. When I really get going on this I think it will be the impetus for me to finally start a build thread and I'll post it all there. I just wanted to let folks know how easy it can be to get a set of these and how much it cost me.

I hear that. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

I'm holding off a little bit on this. Not sure exactly when I'll get to it. I need to figure out exactly what I want to do, first. I'm not decided yet on whether I'm going to go all out like Font did or something simpler. I do know that I'll at least need to swap the low beam shields (they drive on the other side of the road in Japan), and I'll have to rewire the headlight cable from an H4 into two H7's. When I really get going on this I think it will be the impetus for me to finally start a build thread and I'll post it all there. I just wanted to let folks know how easy it can be to get a set of these and how much it cost me.

wow, we are on same project. But I got my projector headlight in different way, I got it from wreckers but the headlamp is still on good conditions.

579685_10202527552131546_863962098_n.jpg

and I also converting from the smiling face into the angry one, make it look like the real JDM Demio tough.

1461205_10202508719220735_1017952602_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about an hour ago, I went to Mazda Dealer and asked them is there any necessary things to installed this headlights besides the H7 wiring and they said just the wiring. But the price of the wiring doesn't come in cheap, it cost like $180 for both wiring left and right side and installation fee $80. So I asked them is it ok to Install the wiring outside the dealer, like installed it on headlight workshop for example and they don't recommended to installed it outside the dealer beacuse if anything happen to my 2 they won't recover it and it also void the guarantee.

so, in this case would you take the dealer offer or leave it and just installed the headlight outside the dealer just to reduce the installation cost? thanks.

Last edited:
So, I kinda suck with photoshopping (gimp, in this case), but here is a quick and dirty of what I'm thinking of doing with these headlights:

attachment.php

I'm still very much undecided on what I'm doing, but I will be of course avoiding the reflectors, but painting the shrouds either a metallic blue, or smoked out. I plan to vary it somehow based on the sections of the shrouds. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh, and I am also planning on a triple LED halo setup. I'll be rocking the bug eyes hardcore.

Attachments

• mazda2_headlight_color_scheme.JPG
    mazda2_headlight_color_scheme.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
You should really look at swapping out those projectors for some xenon ones, maybe even some bixenon ones. Once you get the lights apart and see what projector is in there, you can get an idea of what would fit and what might work. It would be well worth the work over the halogen projectors.

Look what I got in the mail today! Some H7 high beam projectors from... I forget what car. Anyway, the stage is set. It will probably still take me awhile to finish this project due to lack of funds, but I shouldn't be too far out. Give me a few months.

IMG_20140218_173231.jpg

IMG_20140218_173324.jpg

Back