Guide How To Auto Brake Hold Always On (2023 CX-5)

:
2023 Mazda CX-5 Signature
This device makes it where your brake hold function turns on every time you are in the vehicle automatically. It will also set and release the electronic parking brake when shifting to and from park.
Demonstration in my vehicle:
Link to Video: January 28, 2024

*not responsible for any errors or issues that arise from completing this. Please be aware you’ll need to use a translation service through safari to translate the page to English. Highly recommend searching through to confirm compatibility before moving forward. My vehicle is a 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature Turbo in the USA*

1. Create an account with https://neokyo.com/en - this is the way you buy and ship the item to your country.
  2. Once you have an account with Neokyo, you can then search for the product you’ll need by clicking the Yahoo auctions page from Neokyo website. This is the item I ordered: https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/pcparts/m-bh-02.html
  3. Once you’ve purchased/created a buy request with Neokyo you will then pay for the item to be shipped from retailer to Neokyo in Japan. Neokyo will confirm once it’s arrived at which point you can request they quote shipping to your country. Be aware you won’t know the shipping cost until it arrives at their warehouse. To ship from Japan to MS cost me $35 via UPS air. Costs will vary.
  4. It will arrive, instructions are not in English. There’s pictures and videos available. YouTube allows Closed Captions in English. YouTube: https://youtu.be/hZIkev0SlZA?si=D9TfJtMfD8_m_uvX
  5. In the US version, the wiring harness is actually on the driver side about the fuse box and behind the trunk release button area. You’ll need to partially disassemble the lower dash. This requires removal or two screws and a few trim pieces.
  6. You’ll likely get an error during your initial on sequence. Turn the vehicle off. With you in the driver’s seat, close the door, turn the vehicle on, button your seat belt. Disengage the parking brake. This should resolve any errors you may have. - this is rather alarming at first but it works.
I’ll update this as I have time but these are the basics.

There is a way to disable the system without removal - I believe you have to hold the brake hold button down for 7 seconds and it will disable it.

IMG_4486.jpegBehind Driver Side Dash Connection
IMG_4488.jpegCenter Console Connection

Attachments

• IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
My Jag S-type used to do exactly that 20 yrs ago and I don't understand why modern car are missing automatic parking brake
But it was engaging parking brake on engine turn-off rather than on shifting to park. It was super convenient

Yeah, I have the one for i-Stop on my CX-50, but I hadn't seen one for Auto-Hold enable. In the end I built my own Auto-Hold enable unit using a microcontroller. Doesn't have the plug/play connectors though, I had to splice into the wires :(. Still, it works well and was fun :)

My Jag S-type used to do exactly that 20 yrs ago and I don't understand why modern car are missing automatic parking brake
But it was engaging parking brake on engine turn-off rather than on shifting to park. It was super convenient
Most are not missing this. My Volvo does this, as do all modern Volvo.

Why not reach out to the seller and offer a step-by-step with images showing it does work for the American market. Perhaps I’ll give you 20-30% discount or at the very least cover the shipping. Plus you could also convince him if it works to do a group bye Because I know I enjoyed the CX 30 I drove where it automatically disengaged the brake when I had the gas. Versus me having to put the car in park and then put the car on drive just to get it to move forward.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back