How To: Electric Window Always On

optima would probably be better for you...i never really run anythign with the just the battery, but one time i was working, had the cd player going, fiddling with the subs, took about 30 minutes, at the end, car wouldnt start...but i left it overnight, and in the morning roared right up...

ok, this "lite" that you guys speak of.......what is it and where is it? im a definately clueless......id try and find it but its day lite out kinda hard to see this lite if its not dark....anyone?

MSP#735 said:
ok, this "lite" that you guys speak of.......what is it and where is it? im a definately clueless......id try and find it but its day lite out kinda hard to see this lite if its not dark....anyone?
auto.jpg

That little LED runs on about 20mA (or less)
It would take years to drain a car battery.

Don't worry about the light just do the mod...I did it along with the fog light mod in 10 min tops. Thanks for the how to's Zap. Now I would like to get my windows to roll up automaticaly without spending the money for the moduals that work with my alarm. I have to get multiple moduals and I would rather try to find a cheap way. What can I say I am cheap. For those of you worried about some one breaking in because of this just hit the window lock button. The driver window is now the only one with power.

Something like it, you just have to get the wiring diagram to figure out where to do it and with what wires.

I have an 03.5 Blazin' Yellow MSP. I did the mod (10 minutes tops - easy!) and I have a suggestion for the single wire removal. Some people post about pulling on the wire. Instead, gently lift the plastic tab straight up with a medium size jewelers screwdriver (stright blade, not phillips), then pull gently back on the wire. The terminal will slip right out when you lift the tiny tab between the female terminal curls. The screwdriver enters on the opposite side of the large plastic connector relative to the wire.

367 (mp3yellow

Pmpkinhead said:
I have an 03.5 Blazin' Yellow MSP. I did the mod (10 minutes tops - easy!) and I have a suggestion for the single wire removal. Some people post about pulling on the wire. Instead, gently lift the plastic tab straight up with a medium size jewelers screwdriver (stright blade, not phillips), then pull gently back on the wire. The terminal will slip right out when you lift the tiny tab between the female terminal curls. The screwdriver enters on the opposite side of the large plastic connector relative to the wire.

367 (mp3yellow

Cool and congrats! Do you have a Protege? I attempted to do this mod to my 05 Mazda 3s, but I couldn't because the fuse box and wires are all different.

Getting2knowMaz said:
Cool and congrats! Do you have a Protege? I attempted to do this mod to my 05 Mazda 3s, but I couldn't because the fuse box and wires are all different.

MSP = Protege(drive)

Is anyone running amps with this mod? Cause I have mine hooked up to accessory so when i turn the car on it fires up the amp. Anyone have any ideas on how to run this window setup without having the amp on all the time, It drained my battery completely in one day :(

InFlames said:
Is anyone running amps with this mod? Cause I have mine hooked up to accessory so when i turn the car on it fires up the amp. Anyone have any ideas on how to run this window setup without having the amp on all the time, It drained my battery completely in one day :(
I am, my amp is run directly to the battery and also turns on when the key is in ACC (accessory). I have the windows hooked up according to this, and they work when the key is out. No problems for me.

It sounds like your amps may be hooked up incorrectly, or your windows are hooked up incorrectly.

This mod rocks, super easy to do, took like 15min.. everything works fine for now, will keep everyone updated that wants to know. Awsome, Awsome, Awsome!!!!!!!

Back