How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

Thanks, i guess that's how i passed by resetting the ecu, and going for emissions the next day lol. just wanted to clear it up for the future. thanks.

I did the non-fouler mod a few months ago and I believe A/F ratio on my car is very lean because of this mod and my car is over heating.

reason I believe this is happening is because if I un-plug the second O2 sensor, the car drives fine and doesn't overheat. I haven't seen any CEL yet.

Anyone else had this issue?

2nd O2 sensor shouldn't be making changes to that extent.

just did this after installing a cheapie ebay SS header.

After my fight with the EGR pipe, this was a breeze. ...but now I'm throwing a P0031 almost instantly. Flashed the ECU and all.

P0031: HO2S Bank 1 Sen 1 Heater Circuit Low

Should I assume Bank 1 Sensor 1 is referring to the top O2 sensor (on a stock setup, this would be the O2 before the cat (ie. no non-fouler on this guy))?

Any help is appreciated.

does nobody make a spoof sensor? i had one on my old pontiac when running catless headers. it was like $25. sounds like most would pay for it.

just started showing p0421

I don't have headers installed, but my understanding is that this fix will kill the CEL none the less for me.
However the tradeoff is that if my cat is in fact dieing, (as opposed to the O2 itself) I will see reduced fuel efficiency and performance?

how would I go about checking the 02 sensor?

Last edited:
I did my headers last week the next day while driving on the highway i got the CEL on with a p0401 and two days ago i turn on my car and there was not CEl. Is it normal even if i still don't have non foulers installed yet?

thank you

Did this to my P5 a few days ago and nomore cel. Now i can finally pay regular price for a TSI, instead of paying double, lol.

I just got a P0138 with the non fouler installed so i'm wondering if my O2 sensor is bad or if i had to disconnect the battery instead of deleting the codes with the scanner. did this happen to any of you guys?

thank you

We have a 0431 code on our 2001 mpv and it subsequently failed the emissions test.

We can't afford to go replacing cats on the vehicle for if we could we wouldn't be driving it. I've been reading loads of posts about the non fouler mod and according to the website for the state emissions test the inspector is to "check for signs of the exhaust system being tampered with".

I'm assuming that adding the non fouler would come under "tampering" so how does everyone else get their cars to pass without getting into trouble? I can't see anything that says what the outcome of "tampering" would be but I can't expect it to be a pleasant experience.

Find a place that inspects cars and all they check is lights and horn I have a place in my area that does it. But most people would think the non foulers are part of the o2 sensor just paint them black and no one would ever know unless they were looking for it in particular

Latest posts

Back